588,611 active members*
6,929 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    hmm so it turns out it is cheaper to order the board kit and the motors seperate then it is to buy a cnc kit on hobbycnc

Kit w/ motors is 280 + 16 shipping and handling
    Kit AND motors (seperate) is 214 + 23 for shipping and handling

Thats good to know, so hopefully I will be ordering driver and motors, 1/2-10 acme rod, a pair of metal nibblers (different project, but hey, free shipping), and dumpster CNC clamps, couplers, and antiblacklash nuts some point this week. Also most of the other materials I can buy locally, which is just pipe and angle aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by pntbllrsprky View Post
    hmm so it turns out it is cheaper to order the board kit and the motors seperate then it is to buy a cnc kit on hobbycnc

Kit w/ motors is 280 + 16 shipping and handling
    Kit AND motors (seperate) is 214 + 23 for shipping and handling

Thats good to know, so hopefully I will be ordering driver and motors, 1/2-10 acme rod, a pair of metal nibblers (different project, but hey, free shipping), and dumpster CNC clamps, couplers, and antiblacklash nuts some point this week. Also most of the other materials I can buy locally, which is just pipe and angle aluminum
    You're incorrect!
    The $280 is for a "PACKAGE" and the $214 is for driver board and steppers ONLY.

Dave Rigotti
    HobbyCNC.com

haha seems as I was maybe reading a little too quick. Plus it was pretty late at night when I look at this stuff.

I knew I made a mistake somewhere, I wouldn't think you would mess up on the pricing like that

just comign to check in. I am starting to work on my jgro again... I started but had a problem so I had to start over (luckly I had spare mdf to make up for the mistake, but no time). I have a few hours tonight to work on making room to build again, and starting up.

EDIT:

So my mistake when I first started was with the base. I accidently glued and nailed the pieces to wrong way. Well... this time around... I managed to do the same thing AGAIN, but only to one corner... luckly I was able to catch it early and fix it.

Page 3 of 3 123