588,653 active members*
6,730 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 331 of 587 231281321329330331332333341381431
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 11734
    Think someone could convert this to a dxf for me. Thanx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moose 001.jpg  

hello

does anybody have a San Antonio Spurs logo or even a spur?

Hello

Does anyone have a San Antonio Spurs logo or a spur?

Quote Originally Posted by sapd View Post
    Does anyone have a San Antonio Spurs logo or a spur?
    Check here: Search for SPURS » Free Logo Vector Graphics download and share
    Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro68 View Post
    Think someone could convert this to a dxf for me. Thanx
    I hope this will work. Had to zip it, file was too large.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Wes

If just finished my homemade cnc
    check it out:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uQ_G82SjGM"]YouTube - My third homemade CNC[/nomedia]

But how can you cut out the dxf puzzles without breaking the bit, or making ugly cuts? When my cnc is finished with cutting a puzzle part, the part shoots away and sometimes breaks the router bit.
    I modify the dxf drawings, by creating small bridges so the part stays in place. It works, but it takes me a lot of time to modify the drawings. Is there an easier way?

Quote Originally Posted by mieggiel View Post
    check it out:
    YouTube - My third homemade CNC

But how can you cut out the dxf puzzles without breaking the bit, or making ugly cuts? When my cnc is finished with cutting a puzzle part, the part shoots away and sometimes breaks the router bit. -----------
    What type of cutter are you using? I would try a straight flute or a down cut end mill, this helps stop the throwing. When programming your parts look at where your last cut ends. Make sure that it is not forcing the loose material into a corner, that will ether throw the part or break the end mill. Hope this helps.

Larry

P.S. Nice looking machine you built.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry83301 View Post
    What type of cutter are you using? I would try a straight flute or a down cut end mill, this helps stop the throwing. When programming your parts look at where your last cut ends. Make sure that it is not forcing the loose material into a corner, that will ether throw the part or break the end mill. Hope this helps.

Larry

P.S. Nice looking machine you built.
    Thanks, I'm using a 1.2mm two flute spiral bit. I dont think this bit is made for cutting wood.. But i have no idea where to buy good end mills.

Thanks, I'm using a 1.2mm two flute spiral bit. I dont think this bit is made for cutting wood.. But i have no idea where to buy good end mills.
    Here are a couple of places I have bought from, and an idea of what I use on wood. I'm cutting 1/2 " - 5 ply plywood with an 1/8" bit, two passes because of the length of cut on the bits. Here is a sample of what I make, it's about 60" wide, cut as two pieces.

Larry

toolsandtunes items - Get great deals on Power Tools, snap on items on eBay.com!

10 carbide half straight CNC router cutting bit1/8 3x12 - eBay (item 180597750530 end time Dec-17-10 03:45:43 PST)

10 Carbide Router Bits__ Endmill__ Route __.050"_1.25mm - eBay (item 150523823799 end time Dec-22-10 19:13:43 PST)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 49 Pickup and trailer-2.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Larry83301 View Post
    Here are a couple of places I have bought from, and an idea of what I use on wood. I'm cutting 1/2 " - 5 ply plywood with an 1/8" bit, two passes because of the length of cut on the bits. Here is a sample of what I make, it's about 60" wide, cut as two pieces.

Larry

toolsandtunes items - Get great deals on Power Tools, snap on items on eBay.com!

10 carbide half straight CNC router cutting bit1/8 3x12 - eBay (item 180597750530 end time Dec-17-10 03:45:43 PST)

10 Carbide Router Bits__ Endmill__ Route __.050"_1.25mm - eBay (item 150523823799 end time Dec-22-10 19:13:43 PST)
    Thank you very much. I've already bought some

Michiel

I looked at your video and cool!

you have done the easy part and now you'll have to work on the hard part of learning the science of cutting. you didn't say what your using for software for cad and cam?? when you program you will need to start thinking about how you approach your cutting. one thing you might think about is doing an Onion skin. that is were you leave a very thin amount of material for the last past. the cutting can cut it very easy and thus there is very little force on your pieces. also as said above... ALL cuts should start and end away from the corners so you avoid hooking the piece and throwing it around and maybe back into the cutter and breaking it. you need to also start to understand cutters. there are so many different type that all look to solve some part of machining, but there is no magic cutter that works for everything. it looks like you have a dermal type motor so you are stuck with 1/8" shafts?? if so you are somewhat limited in your selections of bits. if you go to the Onsrude router bit sight, they have a great area that talks about bits and working on chip load. if you understand this, your bits will cut better and last longer. once you understand this you can go were ever you want to buy your cutters cheap.

as for software, take a look at Vcarve Pro. they have trial software you can down load and play with before you buy. it is great software and they cover just about anything you might want to do. remember it wont take too many broken bits to pay for a fair price software package. free isn't always cheapest.

Erik
    U.S.A.

check it out:
    YouTube - My third homemade CNC

But how can you cut out the dxf puzzles without breaking the bit, or making ugly cuts? When my cnc is finished with cutting a puzzle part, the part shoots away and sometimes breaks the router bit.
    I modify the dxf drawings, by creating small bridges so the part stays in place. It works, but it takes me a lot of time to modify the drawings. Is there an easier way?

Cow and calf

Hello all,

I am looking for a cow and calf. Similar to the attached picture.

Thank you in advance,

Steve
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	719_COW_CALF_CR.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	121341

Quote Originally Posted by landdesign View Post
    I looked at your video and cool!

you have done the easy part and now you'll have to work on the hard part of learning the science of cutting. you didn't say what your using for software for cad and cam?? when you program you will need to start thinking about how you approach your cutting. one thing you might think about is doing an Onion skin. that is were you leave a very thin amount of material for the last past. the cutting can cut it very easy and thus there is very little force on your pieces. also as said above... ALL cuts should start and end away from the corners so you avoid hooking the piece and throwing it around and maybe back into the cutter and breaking it. you need to also start to understand cutters. there are so many different type that all look to solve some part of machining, but there is no magic cutter that works for everything. it looks like you have a dermal type motor so you are stuck with 1/8" shafts?? if so you are somewhat limited in your selections of bits. if you go to the Onsrude router bit sight, they have a great area that talks about bits and working on chip load. if you understand this, your bits will cut better and last longer. once you understand this you can go were ever you want to buy your cutters cheap.

as for software, take a look at Vcarve Pro. they have trial software you can down load and play with before you buy. it is great software and they cover just about anything you might want to do. remember it wont take too many broken bits to pay for a fair price software package. free isn't always cheapest.

Erik
    U.S.A.
    I am using Autocad 2008 and Artcam 2008.
    I use a Proxxon MICROMOT 50/E. But i also have a bigger motor. But i have not made a mounting bracket for it yet. The bigger motor fits 8mm shafts only. I cant find bits smaller then 3mm for the bigger motor, thats why i use the Proxxon for cutting puzzles.
    I will take a look at the Onsrude website. Thanks for your help.

Michiel

Michiel

I buy bits down to .4mm for my machine. They come with a 3mm shank. I actually use a large router mounted on my machine, it seems to last longer then the small Roto-Zip type motors. I only change brushes about every three or four months. 25000 rpm seems to work well on most of the cutters. I use an Erickson collet holder in my 1/2" router.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by mashteuiash View Post
    Hello all,

Thank you in advance,

Steve

How about this one . I used it on my 'Mad Cow' airplane .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails madcow.jpg   CIMG0902.jpg  

Cow/calf silhouette.

plasma/router
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Quote Originally Posted by mashteuiash View Post
    Hello all,

Thank you in advance,

Steve

quick trace,needs some cleaning:

Sports logos

I was wondering if anyone had the Detroit Red Wings and Ottawa Senators logos. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by twisted 1 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had the Detroit Red Wings and Ottawa Senators logos. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pete
    Detroit Red Wings logo | Brands of the World
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Cows

Thank you all they are great. Let you know who it turns out soon as I have it done.

Steve

Page 331 of 587 231281321329330331332333341381431