588,259 active members*
4,884 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 352 of 460 252302342350351352353354362402452
Results 7,021 to 7,040 of 9195
    Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    I take it Roman you can't take the heat, so get out of the kitchen then, no place for non thinkers.

Precisely what are you objecting to?
    Ian.
    I don't mind an argument or a difference of opinion with you, the objection is to the massive longwinded spouts of *drivel* where you seem to be quite happy insulting any country (and its people) that you feel like ranting against at that instant.

Let's say it's not about any difference of opinion it's more manners and maturity related.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanLini View Post
    I don't mind an argument or a difference of opinion with you, the objection is to the massive longwinded spouts of *drivel* where you seem to be quite happy insulting any country (and its people) that you feel like ranting against at that instant.

Let's say it's not about any difference of opinion it's more manners and maturity related.

Don't feed the troll, you'll just encourage him as ANY conflict is what he seeks. He has no opinion, no point of view and no position on anything. He will adopt a stance contrary to anything said by anyone. He is a barrier for any kind of intelligent discourse.

Ergo....ignore button!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Boo Hoo JH, nobody cares when you make a wrong decision in life and you suffer for it, so go back into your hole, leave the other members to decide FOR THEMSELVES how they want to think, they don't need your conspiracy paranoia point of view to mislead them, and if it were but known, the members are probaly derived from Republican, Democrat, Liberal and, dare I say it without causing a great nashing of teeth...Communistc orientated view points, amongst others, which in the land of the "assumed to be free" thinkers and otherwise individuals goes to make up the mix of your population.

I would go so far as to state that if this were an open discussion across a bar room table on the topic of Global Warming and maybe cooling, depending on what temperature you are most comfortable with, instead of being poles apart and on a keyboard/monitor display, then by this time some of the more volatile tempered "individuals" would be slinging glasses, bottles, and/or punches at anyone who differed from their point of view.......am I getting the message that in the land of the "freedom of speech" brigade, the only freedom you can express is the freedom to agree with "them", or just plain old shut up?

So sad to fight for "freedom of speech" and deny it to others at the same time....really bitter and twisted reasoning.

I would also go as far as to say that calling anyone a Troll is tantamount to a personal insult to one's freedom of speech, and as such would normally be a disciplinary procedure.

The fact that I do not agree with your paranoidal politically inclined beliefs does not mean you cannot express them....I get quite amused by the lengths some go to label anyone as they do.

Preserve the right to free expression of ideals and speech, while you can, boycotting and silencing conflicting view points is the tool of the opposition no matter what they are in opposition to.

Most people on this thread have a definite view point, and I have stated mine previously.

Too bad if'n it conflicts with your cosy corner of the Cosmos.

Mark Twank is reputed to have said, "Say something if'n you got something to say, not because you have to say something".
    Ian.

An after thought:

The man is capable of cogent thought and comprehensible text. I have seen some post from him in threads having to do with mechanical things and machinist issues in which he expressed himself brilliantly, in readable text that actually made valuable suggestions for other members.

For reasons known only to him, it is when he comes here he feels the compulsion to use the "ifin" and "yo'all" and spew confrontational nonsense.

Go figure! Such a waste of energy and intellect.

Pity!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

For your personal benefit Roman.....if you have a serious mental conflict with your imagination that suggests I might be saying something that I merely dreamed up, feel free, without prejudice, to call me out and ask for a definition or specific explanation.

My opinion is my own, gleaned from observation and seeing the broad picture, but not to please like a sycophantic follower of a current trend.... too old for that nonsense.
    Ian.

are we really having global warming, outside the normal cycle that the earth has experienced for billions of years?
    and if there is a change in temperature is man responsible for it?
    a side issue is - do we have enough resources to keep the lights on?

Thanks for the applause JH.....I get a bit irritated when any discussion degenerates to politics and inuendos about possible political conspiracy theories, even though in "the Land of The Giants" it might be so very very true.

This doesn't mean to say the thought should not be voiced, more to the point it should be voiced very loudly, and if'n the facts are debatable....open discussion will soon expose it, and by comparison the the knowledge that you can't hide the truth forever will out.

Al Gore is a typical example..."The Inconvenient Truth" has been exposed as a farce, but only by the deniers who suscribe to the theory that Global Warming/Cooling is not a product of AGW, whereas the other side, the supporters, avidly suscribe to the theory that it is.

It takes two to Tango, and this is one heck of a dance routine Al has run with.

He was almost The President, but only got to be no 2, in every sense of the word, pun intended, do you then wonder if the shine in the eyes of the man who would be king is just a reflection from the 100 million he made for a blatant lie?

I aspire to the notion that when a group of individuals proclaims themselves to be "World Policemen" in every sense of the word, the squeeky cleaness required must be seen to be observed.

Gods with clay feet, that tumble because the rains came, get little sympathy in my book.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by infantry11b View Post
    are we really having global warming, outside the normal cycle that the earth has experienced for billions of years?
    and if there is a change in temperature is man responsible for it?
    a side issue is - do we have enough resources to keep the lights on?
    No, no lights and definitely no heat! In fact you need to reduce your carbon footprint to zero. so stop breathing or leave the planet permanently.

We must all starve to death in the dark as we shiver trying disparately not to s@@t!

All evidence of mans existence must be erased!

BTW, freedom of speech does not come with the right to force another to listen to you. That's why we have the ignore button!!

Sorry JH, my mistake, freedom of speech is the wish to express it whenever, whatever, not "can I ever".

BTW yo'all, anyone from the Northern Hemisphere thinking about taking a Winter vacation to Sunny Queensland, in OZ, better think again.....the tropical Cyclone Yasi has just been announced to be a category 5 type with winds of 290KPH.

One of the experts on the subject, Professor? (name escapes me), stated very guardedly on the TV tonight, that in his opinion the warmer sea temperatures feeding the cyclonic activity could possibly be an indication that AGW is a contributary factor.

Well, gee, by golly gosh, a contributary factor.....where did he do his research and publish peer reviewed papers to be able to state that theory so publicly?

He must definately be valuing his post as professor of whatever establisment to lend his voice to one side of a much debated and hotly divided issue.

This is like saying that 30% of road deaths were caused by people while under the influence of alcoholic substances......does that mean that the other 70% of road deaths were caused by people who didn't drink and only eat vegetable and drank carrot juice?...LOL. (old joke)

What the experts have stated is that this cyclone is (will be?) the worst in OZ history, with water inundation on the seafront at least 15 foot in places from sea swell.

Only a few years ago some friends of mine followed the sun to Queensland after the TV and various other promotions touted the weather as "sunny one day, perfect the next".

One things for sure in tropical Queensland, its hot and wet or cold and wet, but wet it IS, and the tropical insects eat you alive, and the others get you when you're dead....LOL.

Any place where you are subject to Cyclonic activity, just once in your lifetime, will scar your life like nothing else, except maybe living in Hurricane Alley in the USA, where if you don't get your yearly dose of at least 3 Hurricanes to the left and Hurricanes to the right you aint in the USA.

There's going to be feverish activity in the Met offices and other climatoligical establishments when the current models depicting the events of the past get hacked apart and adjusted to allow for the sudden inexplicable foul weather of late, the exact science of hindsight.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    No, no lights and definitely no heat! In fact you need to reduce your carbon footprint to zero. so stop breathing or leave the planet permanently.

We must all starve to death in the dark as we shiver trying disparately not to s@@t!

All evidence of mans existence must be erased!

BTW, freedom of speech does not come with the right to force another to listen to you. That's why we have the ignore button!!

so where is the darn ignore button.
    lol

actually ignoring others is a way of depriving yourself of information that might prove useful later on. if only to be sufficiently prepared as in "know your enemy."

user CP about the third headline down on the left.

Not an enemy, just background noise!

user CP about the third headline down on the left.

Not an enemy, just background noise!

"Know your enemy", a saying derived from Sun Tzu's The Art of War

it's just a saying - not declaring anyone an enemy.

Yeah, gotta be carefull in the interpretation sport......like in JC's teaching..."Love your enemies, in case you have friends that detest you"....LOL.

I applaud your open mindedness Infantry, Mark Twank was reputed to have said, "How can one not love the taste of poison, without tasting it first".

Poison comes in many forms....to poison one's mind would indicate that the will to resist temptation is open to suggestion, whereas to poison one's body is merely to do what everyone else is doing simply 'cos they're doing it.

Small boys get tempted to cheat at exam time in order to enhance their future ability to corrupt the minds and souls of those they win by flying false colours achieved by the art of cheating from day one.

In that case it would be fair to say that the system allowed Al Gore to promote false promises, based on the ability to put 2 and 2 together and suggest that it probably made 22.

It is sad to think that a man so gifted in the gab should be so corrupt in the mind, but for all that the World is probably a better place by not having that man as leader of the pack, and only achieved status on a very small platform.

To have lost an empire but gained a pocketfull of silver, to some would be an adequate compensation, but Judas learned it to the contrary the hard way, and Al Gore is now a password to corruption, as never before, and will go down in history as "The man who never was".

Once a cheat always a cheat, to some it comes naturally, to others it is aquired by listening at the keyhole of opportunity.

BTW, the ignore button is in your mind, just emphatically refuse to read a post that offends your sense of curiosity....but you'll never never know if you never never know.

My prayer for today..."Dear Lord give me the ability to make friends as I can make enemies without anyone's help".....amazing how much philosophy you pick up on the TV.

I'll have to read up on Sun Sue, might be missing out on enemy making....LOL....or as Al Gore stated, "the first million bucks is the hardest, the next hundred is so easy".....if that's true, for a cool 100 million bucks I'd be my own worst enemy....LOL....but only if it's after tax.
    Ian.

as a great man once said - "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" [ok it wasn't a man, it was Evelyn Beatrice Hall]
    but the part they leave out is where she adds
    "but if you say it to me one more time im going to kick you so hard you will be spitting up your own damn balls."

Ha Ha, love it....very painfull the freedom of speaking bit.....I've only known excrutiating pain twice in my life...first time was when I sat down on a rat trap, second time was when I jumped up.
    Ian.

Obama issues global warming rules in January, gives GE an exemption in February

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Obama issues global warming rules in January, gives GE an exemption in February | Timothy P. Carney | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Obama issues global warming rules in January, gives GE an exemption in February

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Obama issues global warming rules in January, gives GE an exemption in February | Timothy P. Carney | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner
    "In General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt, President Obama may not have picked the worst possible corporate executive to head his new panel on job creation. But Immelt is pretty close."

Jeffrey Immelt, Obama

Judging by the performance of my GE stocks, I'd tend to be in agreement.

We voted for change, and what we got was business-as-usual.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    "In General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt, President Obama may not have picked the worst possible corporate executive to head his new panel on job creation. But Immelt is pretty close."

Jeffrey Immelt, Obama

Judging by the performance of my GE stocks, I'd tend to be in agreement.

We voted for change, and what we got was business-as-usual.

These days GE means Green Enterprises or government involvement.
    Conflict of interests to the point of corruption Chicago style. GE pays taxes in the range of single digits while competitors mus pay in the range of 40%.

Exemplary of the whole environmental movement... all thugs and crooks directly descended from Mafioso and Stalin-ism The poop is DEEP!.

Words fail me again.....you live in a country, die in a country but your hearts are not in your country.

It appears President Barak O'Bama, the man most favoured to be your Messiah, now has, according to some people, clay feet purportably protuding from his boots.

Every time I read about the "corruption" that the top members of the establisment are openly practicing, I get the impression that everyone who goes to the voting booth is either blind, blind drunk, or under the influence of some mind altering drug, so powerfull that it blinds one to the track record of the soon to be leaders and their supporters.

Take JFK for instance, I know he was reputed to be a hero......but what did he actualy do to have hero status bestowed on him....lost a boat...almost lost the whole crew....but in the eyes of the people he was a hero because his dad had powerfull friends with influence in the Mob, all very well documeted, and the PR people drove the hero status fantasy to the limit because he just served in the war and got his feet wet and his dad wanted him to get to the top position.

Heck, Douglass MacArthur was a super hero, but he didn't get to be president.

I might be seen to be scathingly blunt in my estimation of leadership qualities, but when a person is being groomed with Mob connections to lead the most powerfull nation at the time, it is little wonder that the White House scandals that surrounded his name were not unfounded.

Perhaps a few good men decided that the person who swore the oath on the day was really not fit for it, and so history was made when they made their move.

On the other hand, this might just be a typical example of one side getting to the winning post and picking up all the glory, and the other side wishing they had, so anyone on the other side, no matter what their credentials is a low dog, not fit to wear the purple...whoever.

Why do you need a president, if all they do is tell lies, make war, and rob the working class?

I get the impression that when the die is cast, the leopard shows his true spots.

This is so very like the child that cheats at school during exam times to enhance his/her chances later on in life.

At voting time, you make your bed, then get to lie on it.
    Ian.

in this country we have a unique method of electing a president. it is called the electoral college. each state has a number of electors and the states decide how those electors vote. some states are winner take all - so if you win that states popular vote you get all their electors. other states aportion the electors to mirror the popular vote, so if you get 75% of the votes you get 75% of the electors.
    the reason for the college is to prevent a few of the more greater population controlling the election - thereby rendering the states with a small number of voters just fly over states, you fly over them from one large state to another.
    remember that America is The United States and is made up of soverign states with their own governments - although the europeanization of the US is trying to change that.
    it also means that all states have two senators - that is the only part of the constitution that cannot be changed - and it also means that a state like deleware - where the idiot biden was senator - has a total population of 870,000. the city of new york has 8 million, los angeles has 2.5 million, begining to understand?

and what makes you think that it is only now that we think he has feet made of clay?

60 million people voted AGAINST OBAMA and 69.5 million voted for him. but he also got a good run in the college, with 365 votes to 173.

a lot of that vote had to do with the fact our 5th estate - the press - did nothing to vet him, but had lots to say in the negative about mccain - who did not run a great campaign.

it is funny that the press hounded bush for deficits of 100 billion a year, but when the dems got control of congress - they have the power of the budget - their trillion dollar deficits never got a negative word of press. even now - when the dems have been running the budget since 2007, and the defitit has gone from 8.5 trillion to 14 trillion, there is hardly a word. when gas was as high as it is now the press blamed bush, now that it is even higher not a word about obama.

that is how fools like obama get elected, despite the rest of us knowing he is a fool and voting against him.

Page 352 of 460 252302342350351352353354362402452