588,460 active members*
5,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 41 of 587 3139404142435191141541
    Hi HayTay,
    The three symbols are Peace,Love and Happiness, requested by her. I knew she is into the whole wizard thing so I added him.The font for Elizabeth is named 'A Charming font' and I thought it fit fairly well with the theme. My daughter got it from one of the free sites.
    Dave
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

Quote Originally Posted by beone View Post
    Hi HayTay,
    The three symbols are Peace,Love and Happiness, requested by her. I knew she is into the whole wizard thing so I added him.The font for Elizabeth is named 'A Charming font' and I thought it fit fairly well with the theme. My daughter got it from one of the free sites.
    Dave
    Spot on Dave, thanks for the info.

A Charming Font is available from DaFont.com and elsewhere in case anyone is interested. I've already downloaded a copy. Hmmm, I hope I didn't get the last one. From all appearances, 'A Charming Font' appears to be a free font.

I anxiously await the next installment of 'Learning Chinese the VCarve Way with Beone'.

L8r,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

To Hay Tay

I have a inlaw (one of my sister in laws) I would like to put some place - I have all-way said if my wife passes away before I do, I want to find a women like my sister-in-law. Then when she died or ran off, I wouldn't miss her at all.
    Have a great day.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan dimock View Post
    Man - that is what I am looking for, I am making a serving tray for one of my dauther, she and my son in law both went to UT so I want to put a inlaw in the bottom of it.
    Thanks again
    One other thing - when do you ever work?

Dan
    My take on that was, what Inlaw I wanted to put in the bottom of it...was a HOLE, or was it that i wanted to put something in the bottom of a inlaws HOLE?

Way Back when I was young - my wife use to tell me - get your mind up above your belt and maybe you can get some work done.

Now, all I can do is just remember the good old days.

Dan

One Other Thing

We need a site where we can learn to bid on jobs - I have a friend that built a carved door for this young lady in his area - and he told me he went in the hole on that deal.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Salty72 View Post
    Durring Ppl travels has anyone come accross a translator that will convert English to Chinese Characters (think this could be very useful when it comes to machining etc...

Here is one that i ran across. It's call chinese Symbol Studio. You will find it at the site below. Hope this helps.
    http://www.thechinesesymbol.com/

Be careful with the translators

Hey guys, be careful with the translators. The Chinese language is very tricky to translate from English to Chinese and vice versa. I have a bit of experience as I tattooed 16 years professionally. Also my neighbor is Chinese, from China. An individual symbol may represent 1 thing, group it with another, and now it means nothing even close to the original expression the translators are not set up for the complexities of the language, and being that, could easily spit out something you really don't want to advertise.

great stuff

Love this thread, great stuff! Does anyone, anywhere know anyone who is very knowledgeable on machine parameters. I am a machinist running a Mori-Seiki SV-50 vertical machining center. I am just using Ace to convert to code (quite inefficiently) and making signs and plaques etc.. Filesize has gotten to be a limitation on many of these dxf's. There is a parameter which can be changed to enable the machine to run direct from the PC (distributed numerical control) and I am trying to find it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by TZ250 View Post
    This is my favorite thread. Thanks guys! :cheers:

I have two requests for .dxf files:
    Knight in armor
    Car Toons comic book images
    Here's a knight I converted and simplified from the Microsoft Office ClipArt Gallery. He's now ready for cutting as you can see.

Regarding the "Car Toons comic book images", I'm not too sure what you're looking for.

C U L8r,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knight.png  
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

HayTay, thank you for the very cool knight.

As for Car Toons, this is a link to a good site.
    http://www.georgetrosley.com/kandb.html

here some game drawing:cheers: (chair)

Wildlife Carving

How would a person go about creating something like this for the CNC? I've been doing alot of searching and I can't find the method for doing this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ws_wl_rampanel_l.jpg  

Cool

wow you guy really liked the china lettering well heres some more(chair) (wedge)
    give me some time and i will get more if you guys want.(nuts)

mastercan art can do it and artcam can do that deer

Hi
    I've been a member since last week. The more I use the site, the more cool stuff I find! How do you attach files to the replys? I have a few dxf files to share also.

Mike

go advanced then attach file then post reply

Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    How would a person go about creating something like this for the CNC? I've been doing a lot of searching and I can't find the method for doing this.
    Hi Gary,

Vector Art 3D offer this type of 3D model as clipart that can be machined at any size using their Free CAM Software. For more details see www.vectorart3d.com

There are examples of this type of work on the Vectric Forum,

See,

http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1800
    http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1674
    http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1272

If you are looking to create your own models then you need software such as ArtCAM Pro, Mastercam Art, Enroute Art - and a lot of patience

I hope this helps,

Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coat of arms 1.JPG   RIMG0046.JPG   Waiting room sign small.jpg  

Thanks Tony I will check those links out.

I would eventually like to create my own art but for now I am just looking for the method and maybe some g-code of wildlife to try out and see how well my jgro would be able to do this kind of work.

Thanks again Tony

Gary

a few dxf files

Hi everybody,
    Thanks for all the great dxf art files. Here are a few more from this corner of the world. I'll add a few more later on.

Mikefishin.DXF

locomotive.DXF

Page 41 of 587 3139404142435191141541