587,775 active members*
2,931 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 52 of 91 242505152535462
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

That's great news!

Hope the new one gets here soon and works right out of the box:})

Your due for some good luck.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Yes, you must be a mind reader Bubba

I was so bored yesterday, so I called ALRO Metal Supply and asked them for a quote on some 3/4" thick, 12" wide 12-foot long aluminum bars. I was curious how much it would cost to put a solid aluminum spoil board across the entire top of the Monster, thinking how nice it would be to have t-slots running the full length! Well, at $1264.96 I lost all interest in that idea (chair)
    Wow!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Widget, Great to hear you got the refund, would have expected that they clearly said the unit was new. Wow that was really cheap for the spindle, I have had my 4KW unit for about 3 years now and it still works great, I always worry about one of the bearings going bad, mine was about $450 plus shipping but a Colombo or HSD spindle would have cost me over three times that much. I have really enjoyed the much lower noise level. My Bosch Router was really loud even with hearing protection, these spindles can be cutting wood and you can talk to someone right next to them. I still wear hearing protection while cutting but the wife can't hear it cutting upstairs.

Russ

Most people on eBay would rather do a refund then try and fight the claim. If negative feedback is given, or even less then 5 stars on all the things, their insertion fees and final sale fees go up. That adds up big time in the long run.

I haven't been on the zone for a while.......... I logged on the other night and started reading your build thread.......... outstanding

Now, I need a router....................... I guess I should finish my Lathe first............ But soon, I'm going to need a router

Cheers,
    Walking is highly over-rated

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon69 View Post
    Most people on eBay would rather do a refund then try and fight the claim. If negative feedback is given, or even less then 5 stars on all the things, their insertion fees and final sale fees go up. That adds up big time in the long run.
    My goal was to leave the negative feedback text on up for all to read as long as possible, before I agreed to have it removed for a full refund! It worked!

Quote Originally Posted by tauntdesigns View Post
    I haven't been on the zone for a while.......... I logged on the other night and started reading your build thread.......... outstanding

Now, I need a router....................... I guess I should finish my Lathe first............ But soon, I'm going to need a router

Cheers,
    Thanks TD, I appreciate the kind words!

Also, I know someone with a big red, custom made, router for sale
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

The cutter I ordered arrived this afternoon, it's a Kempston #201441 3/4" diam x 90° V-Bit.
    The Kempston bits are the best I've seen so far, they are high grade carbide, sharpened to the finest/thinnest point! All the other brands have a flat and that just wipes out all the fine details it a carving!
    The bits are available on Amazon.com, and Sears. The Amazon price for one is $21.99, I've not bought them at Sears yet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9x5_Router_2157.jpg   9x5_Router_2158.jpg   9x5_Router_2159.jpg  

Widgit, I've been following this thread for a while and I'm addicted! I check it every day even though I'm subscribed to the thread and will get notification of new post!
    The job quality and care you've displayed in this build is top notch! Thank you for providing such detailed info and pics throughout the build! Congrats on a masterpiece!

Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Donny M. Carter View Post
    Widgit, I've been following this thread for a while and I'm addicted! I check it every day even though I'm subscribed to the thread and will get notification of new post!
    The job quality and care you've displayed in this build is top notch! Thank you for providing such detailed info and pics throughout the build! Congrats on a masterpiece!

Donny
    Thanks Donny,
    I appreciate the positive comments, and welcome aboard!
    Widgit

You live in florida?

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by minichopper6hp View Post
    You live in florida?

Shhhhh! I don't tell anyone that!
    www.widgitmaster.com

Lol u said alro metals so thats where i go. The one in brandon area.

Anyone have a good Tool Length setting macro for MACH3?
    My setting block is 1.000" thick!

Making another 7.5" diam Mayan Calendar on the small machine!
    Using a Kress 800-FME spindle, running at 25,000 RPM, 50.2 IPM

Can't wait to see how the Big Red Monster cuts these

ger21 has one with his 2010 Screenset that has lots of features.

If you want a simple one there's Greolt's that can be downloaded from this site. It is not forgiving of a missing wire connection or retiree CRS issues though.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

I miss living near Alro. I used to drive past the one in Clearwater every day. their scrap pile was great. good material for near nothing. there was a farco plastics down the road from them too. what more could you ask for. Now I have to mail order materials. it kinda sucks.

Alro will not deliver to my residence, so they are difficult for me to use!

Today I added the Final Widgit to the big red monster, the blue strobe light for the tool change alert!
    First I found a piece of black Delrin, then I squared it up and put a radius on one end to match the base of the strobe light. Then I drilled all the mounting hole in the top box, and attached the block & strobe to the top. Next I connected the wires, making sure the DC polarity was correct! Now that the blue strobe is in place, Gerry's macro will turn it on when the monster stops in the tool change location! Now I haven't tested the tool changing system yet, as the spindle is still MIA! I assume the strobe will stop when the tool change and Z-Axis probe macro is finished!
    Widgit

www.widgitmaster.com

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Alro will not deliver to my residence, so they are difficult for me to use!
    The guys in the Alro warehouse always look at me funny when I pull in with my Honda Civic and load the whole thing with steel. I get "looks like it's about time for a truck" almost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    The guys in the Alro warehouse always look at me funny when I pull in with my Honda Civic and load the whole thing with steel. I get "looks like it's about time for a truck" almost every time.
    Too funny

Well, The spindle is in the state, and should be here by Monday :banana:

And to think, I could have bought a nice Dodge RAM pickup for what the Monster cost me! (I'll take the Monster )

If I had a bigger budget & deeper pockets, I would like to make a horizontal spindle attachment which would fold under the front of machine when not in use! Putting the head & tail stock on linear rails, would allow them to slide together for easier use! Having a 45" long, 9" diam between centers would b a real treat! Would be the ultimate Widget for this build too!

This morning I walked around my shop, and saw many items which can be made on the monster to hold collets and other tools. So I'll be making lots of neat stuff !!

Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

Page 52 of 91 242505152535462