588,227 active members*
4,701 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 53 of 184 343515253545563103153
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

china is a complex place with regards to internet usage.

at least we know hes trying to get things back on track. whether individual people want to wait is up to them.

I think I'll put johnedward on my ignore list then I won't have to read the drivel the twit writes....splat....yeah done, a fair dinkum troll!
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    I think I'll put johnedward on my ignore list then I won't have to read the drivel the twit writes....splat....yeah done, a fair dinkum troll!
    Ian.
    ROTFLMAO! fare thee well wanker, off to dreamland for you.

Question Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by johnedward View Post
    ROTFLMAO! fare thee well wanker, off to dreamland for you.
    John Edward,

I wonder if you, me and Defang go to the same gym? Our workout routine appears to be the same.

Live from Burbank, home of the super deluxe jelly roll.

JoeyB
    A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

joeybagadonuts

It's so good to see that you can detach yourself from that deluxe jelly roll, to comment, it helps for a laugh, good call for the gym, most routines don't change very much I know his has not, but we can only hope for the best in the end
    Mactec54

I received another email from Defeng this morning, he asked me to check if I received an email he sent me from the [email protected] mail box.

I didn't get that one, so it looks like something is wrong with his outgoing mail from that address. He gets emails sent to that address, but nothing he sends to me is making it to me.

It might explain some of the communication problems we have been having.

that would make some sense. I actually has a similar issue recently. every email I send from my tablet was eaten along the way (no error messages). if I sent them from my pc it was fine.

did he say why he cant just post a message here? cnczone blocked?

no, but it is promising that he is trying to communicate, at this stage I'm grateful for any sign I guess.

Hi, if he's moving his factory then he's got his hands full trying to make sure nothing finished ends up with scratch marks etc.
    Ian.

Hi, if he's moving his factory then he's got his hands full trying to make sure nothing finished ends up with scratch marks etc.
    Ian.
    keep dreaming. gee it's been another week and no response here from defeng, has anyone else had third party contact with him or is john the only one. have you tried getting in touch with him wanker?

i have been trying for weeks. Nothing...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Hi all......what a lot of people are forgetting with this build program is the machines in question each started out as a prototype and are mainly prototype manufacturing per se, and if some adjustments are needed for any unforseen occurrences, then it's back to the drawing board again and again to get them right.....who wants to get a machine that has design faults simply because the buyer wanted a hurry up job and blamed the maker for being short sighted.

I would have been slightly disappointed if not peeved if I had bought the original SVM-0 with the ER32 spindle and subsequently saw the prototype go to the next stage with the split head casting to accept a number of different spindles.

I probably will have a wait while the bugs are ironed out of hindsight engineering and modifications made to date that affects all stages of the design and can have a big impact on the final build.....at least that is how I see it.
    Ian.

keep telling yourself what you have to to sleep at night. have you had ANY contact with defeng recently to lead you to believe your mill is still going to be delivered or are you going on blind faith? have you tried contacting him through the third party like the other guy claimed or do you not need facts to keep you waiting?

Seems the SVM-2 has already made it past the prototype stage a few yrs back as the Mikini Mill. (other than the crap electronics that came with it)

Hi all......what a lot of people are forgetting with this build program is the machines in question each started out as a prototype and are mainly prototype manufacturing per se, and if some adjustments are needed for any unforseen occurrences, then it's back to the drawing board again and again to get them right.....who wants to get a machine that has design faults simply because the buyer wanted a hurry up job and blamed the maker for being short sighted.

I would have been slightly disappointed if not peeved if I had bought the original SVM-0 with the ER32 spindle and subsequently saw the prototype go to the next stage with the split head casting to accept a number of different spindles.

I probably will have a wait while the bugs are ironed out of hindsight engineering and modifications made to date that affects all stages of the design and can have a big impact on the final build.....at least that is how I see it.
    Ian.
    Ian, rather than guessing, wouldn't you feel better about your sale if Defeng would at least give you a weekly update status on what the hold up actually is?
    It seems the consensus is more about SkyFire / Defeng keeping in contact with his customers (both current & future) at this point.
    If the reason is health, moving his business, whatever....chiming up once a week in his own thread doesn't sound like a major hurdle for someone like Defeng.

Pat

Hi.....do you believe in God?.....Several hundred million people have never seen Him (Her,It, whatever), but they believe that his son did a tour of the ungodly a few thousand years back and came away having bitten off more than he could chew, but they still say the words and put a penny on the plate each Sunday morning in the hope that it'll buy them a one way ticket to Heaven.....LOL....two thousand years after the event....that's faith.......I'm only seven months into the program so I expect the castings will have aged nicely by now..

Last photo we had of the SVM-0 build showed some SVM-0's covered in plastic and almost finished, so with that amount of commitment tied up in the build program and anticipating more orders to come I think Defeng has his own reasons for the wall of silence.....nagging and nit picking is not going anywhere.

BTW, the weather in China is nice this time of the year in spite of the thick smog clouds....I can get a plane ticket for $600 (friends in the business) to go on a couple of days package tour if I thought it was that necessary.
    Ian.

Hi.....do you believe in God?.....Several hundred million people have never seen Him (Her,It, whatever), but they believe that his son did a tour of the ungodly a few thousand years back and came away having bitten off more than he could chew, but they still say the words and put a penny on the plate each Sunday morning in the hope that it'll buy them a one way ticket to Heaven.....LOL....two thousand years after the event....that's faith.......I'm only seven months into the program so I expect the castings will have aged nicely by now..

Last photo we had of the SVM-0 build showed some SVM-0's covered in plastic and almost finished, so with that amount of commitment tied up in the build program and anticipating more orders to come I think Defeng has his own reasons for the wall of silence.....nagging and nit picking is not going anywhere.

BTW, the weather in China is nice this time of the year in spite of the thick smog clouds....I can get a plane ticket for $600 (friends in the business) to go on a couple of days package tour if I thought it was that necessary.
    Ian.
    i wouldn't wait this long to hear back from a mere mortal that has my money and refuses to keep me updated with the status of my order. your contant refusal to accept this as a perfectly valid idea only makes you look more foolish. what's more foolish is you thinking the castings "seasoning" after it has been built is a good thing. people will be best served ignoring you and sue to get their money back as waiting for the mesiah to come through is fruitless.

Wasn't trying shake your faith, come off as nagging, or get thumped with a bible. I was just trying to understand your reasoning and acceptance for this bad business practice going on.

Hi........ahh so......put it down to accepting the status quo and hoping for a better life with more light expected at the end of the tunnel....... interpreted means, when you set yourself up as an importer without the necessary experience you take the rough with the smooth and hope it doesn't rain on your parade.

Defeng has my fullest confidence that eventually the mill production will settle down and become a very real reality, and all this will seem like just a bad dream....for some.

The other side of the coin is, to wait until someone becomes an agent for the SKYFIRE company in the country of your choice, and you accept the fact that the huge mark up in middle mean's fees are totally acceptable for the machine of your dreams.

You could of course buy a Tormach 1100 or whatever ticks all the boxes, and live with those that don't........you can also take out a mortgage for another more exotic machine and explain to your better half that as you don't spend all your leisure time in the bar drinking with your mates, it's more preferable to spend the spare cash on something that can be useful..........pigs will fly before that happens.

I am answerable to myself, so maybe I have a different outlook to some.....it's always good to have full power of attorney over your own affairs.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    i wouldn't wait this long to hear back from a mere mortal that has my money and refuses to keep me updated with the status of my order. your contant refusal to accept this as a perfectly valid idea only makes you look more foolish. what's more foolish is you thinking the castings "seasoning" after it has been built is a good thing. people will be best served ignoring you and sue to get their money back as waiting for the mesiah to come through is fruitless.
    Hi Mr Jones, who would you sue, and in what court?
    Ian.

Page 53 of 184 343515253545563103153