588,227 active members*
5,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Beware of build 769
Page 6 of 6 456
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Sorry about the split up reply but I can`t seem to be able to post a reply of more than about 180 characters including spaces

Anybody else got this ? ?

Sorry about the split up reply but I can`t seem to be able to post a reply of more than about 180 characters including spaces

Guess Not,
    Have a Merry Christmas Rob and Everyone Else,
    James
    James

Oh I can do that OK, just do a short reply and then copy and paste as many times as I like but if I try to type a full reply of some length then it throws this error :-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The above is copied and pasted not typed in

Regards

For what it is worth, I was using a USB to Serial adapter and 1 day would work good next day would have troubles, one day would talk next day woudl not. Switched to a PCMCIA card and all my troubles went away, works every day every time as it should.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    ""Maybe start a new thread that Al can respond to regarding the updates.""

Think he could respond regardless.Saying nothing speaks volumes too.

"there's a skip in that record now"

More like a huge scratch.Sorry to keep bringin it up every 2 or 3 Weeks.Probably just me.I will let it die.:nono::violin::drowningchair):nono::tired:
    I will keep beating the drum as long as I still see issues.

I've always noticed that some features in this build (even if renamed) will load with the generic description ("FEATURE ENGRAVE"). No problem, minor inconvenience. But now I've noticed I can't get a toolpath to display, even though I can post code, on a lot of these loaded features.

I believe these are all features that were saved in the previous build of V25. Now is as good a time as any to ask this question: Can a feature that was saved in a previous build be counted on to be good in the next build? I'm beginning to understand why I start with a fresh file every time I do a revision on a part; I always seem to have version issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BCC_LOAD-FEATURE-NO-TOOLPATH.png  

Sample file created from geometry in the file I was working with.

This time it loaded the Feature as I named it but still no toolpath on the screen, no way to blank or change the color either obviously. I've got almost 30 features like this that won't load correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried to report this to development. This is what I keep getting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCC_BUG-REPORT-BUG.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	175646

Some days it's just better to start over tomorrow fresh. This is one of 'em. Both of our 2012 VF2s (4 weeks old!) went down today for lack of, get this, a validation code. These machines were paid for in cash but Haas won't give me a permanent unlock code until they get their paperwork squared away. Unbelievable.

I went thru that...and jumped square off into azz when it happened.... I financed with an outside company...and there fore Haas had no legal right to block use of machines when i dealt with and paid an outside with finance source.

It got nasty but they took and gave me the code to never have this happen again...once they check into it and seen i was right...AND i mentioned that they had no legal right to do so since i was financed outside of haas and this type of thing had not been disclosed and it was breach of contract on both parties and in my state that means trillium in damages...in other words 3 times the cost of the machine and there issue was with the finance company and not me.

I understand how pissed off you are... there excuse is well it warns you way ahead of time, i told her i should not have anything like that on my machine since i was not financed through them and that haas never would have shipped the machine had paper work and payment not been secured by them......and i told the lady i was only giving one warning to haas about breach of contract...
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Page 6 of 6 456