588,487 active members*
5,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 93 of 131 43839192939495103
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2602
    We ordered the SHMS1530C and decided that the additional $600 to ship FCL to Vancouver was well worth the peace of mind knowing that it doesn't need to be unloaded at the docks where we cannot supervise the lifting. This way the whole container can be shipped to us and we will be responsible for unloading the equipment.

Like Shannon said, it should also clear quicker and save a few bucks on the port handling charges.

Only down side is we may have to ship the container back to the coast, unless we can negotiate a decent price for it from the shipping company.

Apparently our CNC left the docks in China on Tuesday(ahead of schedule), so now we are hoping for calm seas.

Spencer.

FLC sounds like the way to go

Rocket, Shannon & Spencer,

Thanks for the great advice. Unlike most of the good advice I have received in life I will take it this time.

Rocket, what size becker vacuum pump do you have, the KVT3.14 or the KTLV250? Do you find that you have enough hold down with it? I plan on cutting sheets for cabinets & doors with mine.

Thanks, Mitch

Mitch,

We have a 6.6kW (approx 10HP) vacuum on the 1200x2400 Multicam at work and is adequate for most jobs, We did have to be careful that we used gaskets when cutting undersize sheets to manage the vacuum well.
    You can get bigger pumps but the thing is to remember the power cost of the vacuum is a large percentage of the power cost of the machine. On the multicam it is around 60% of the power.

Shannon.

Becker Pump - No worries!

Mitch, We have the KVT3.14
    It holds everything that we put on it. However the first spoilboard that we used was in 3 sections and we could not get a good seal. We changed to a one piece spoilboard , surfaced it and the difference was incredible.
    So make sure to get a spoilboard bit and just take a mm or 2 off of the spoilboard surface and you will be good to go.
    Jim put up a link to a low cost spoilboard bit a couple of months ago - from memory it was on the Ezirouter website.

Rocket.

Get the truck to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BC-CNC View Post
    We ordered the SHMS1530C and decided that the additional $600 to ship FCL to Vancouver was well worth the peace of mind knowing that it doesn't need to be unloaded at the docks where we cannot supervise the lifting. This way the whole container can be shipped to us and we will be responsible for unloading the equipment.

Like Shannon said, it should also clear quicker and save a few bucks on the port handling charges.

Only down side is we may have to ship the container back to the coast, unless we can negotiate a decent price for it from the shipping company.

Apparently our CNC left the docks in China on Tuesday(ahead of schedule), so now we are hoping for calm seas.

Spencer.
    Spencer, We organised for the truck to remain on site while we unloaded the container. As soon as we were finished the driver put it back on his truck and took it away. This was all arranged through the Customs Broker.

If you are well prepared with a forklift, Chains, Shackles and a drill with a large bit - You can have the crate out of the container in about 10 minutes.

This would save big dollars.

Rocket.

1530c atc controller

Does anyone know anything about the controller that comes with the SHMS1530C

We will be figuring it out when our machine arrives around May1st, a few posts back I submitted a link to the manual that I received from Taney.

Spencer

bits

bits of all kinds

1 1/4" spoil board bit in hand is great for starters
    we have stores with whiteside, amana, and cmt (which is moving up in cnc)
    the mdf door bits were ordered from ama

jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1232.JPG   IMG_1234.JPG   IMG_1236.JPG  

Whiteside Bits from Routerbits.com

Jim, The Whiteside router bits that we purchased through Routerbits.com are excellent.

Ramon is mostly using one particular bit and absolutely swears by it. He has routered many panels with it and it gives a nice finish on the panel.

We are about to place a bulk order for more through Routerbits.com

Interesting to note that most US suppliers are not interested in sending bits overseas.

Rocket.

Hey Rocket,

I know I have read somewhere in this thread where you mentioned the grease and lubricants required for the CNC. Could you save me an hour of searching and let me know what grease/lube your are using on the machine, where you are using it and how often. I would like to get it all lined up before the machine shows up.

Cheers,

Spencer.

good bath room reading material

it will get your mind of the pressure of the camaster girls !!!

http://pdscolombo.com/pdf/Main%20Brochure.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BC-CNC View Post
    Hey Rocket,

I know I have read somewhere in this thread where you mentioned the grease and lubricants required for the CNC. Could you save me an hour of searching and let me know what grease/lube your are using on the machine, where you are using it and how often. I would like to get it all lined up before the machine shows up.

Cheers,

Spencer.
    That makes two of us now :wave:

Shannon.

Lubricants

Hi Fellas, I wrote a long post about this on friday, but when i hit the " submit reply" button it all went haywire.

We use Anglomoil products which were recommended by Jimmy007.

The grease is called Uniplex NLG1 - The blurb reads - Anglomoil Uniplex Grease represents state of the art grease technology. It is a high quality calcium sulphonate complex grease providing excellent performance over a wide range of operating temperatures and severe environmental conditions. Calcium Sulphonate greases possess an exceptionally high melting point of 300 degrees celsius, and together with high thermal stability can be used for long periods at 200 degrees celsius.

The oil is pro-lon Extreme Pressure Professional Spray Lubricant - The blurb - The ultimate choice in spray lubricants now containing the latest Enhanced Polymer Technology ( E.P.T ) with P.T.F.E.

We bought the grease in 450 gram cartridges and the oil in 400 gram pressure packs.

Website www.anglomoil.com.au

I would think that similar products are available in the USA and New Zealand. The Australian suppliers are - Anglo Design Pty Ltd Ph (02) 9457 8566. They are located at Mt Kuringai ( near Sydney ). Note that although they were happy to supply the lubricants, they did not want to organise freight - so i organised it myself.

As i lost all of this info on friday when i tried to post it, i will stop at this point and go to part 2 in the next post - Just in case.

Rocket.

Talking Lubricants part2 - Where to stick it

The lubricants i wrote about are latest technology new age stuff.
    If you wanted to save money - 10W motor oil and wheel bearing grease would suffice. Other members may have suggestions also.

Lubrication Points for Grease.
    Apply grease to all teeth where gears run - along length of machine at bottom of rails and along width of gantry. On the gantry the teeth are on the top on one side and near the bottom on the other side.
    Also apply to threaded area where spindle travels up and down.
    There are also about six grease nipples. You will need a grease gun which has quite a small nozzle. The grease nipples are very small and there is limited access to them. It may be necessary to use a lathe to machine the nozzle down to a size that will fit onto the nipples. In my case i do not have access to a lathe so i just used my bench grinder.

Lubrication with oil.
    Apply oil to the top of the hiwin rails. This is along length of machine and also across the gantry.

Lubrication frequency.
    This will depend upon how much use your machine has. We have instigated a program to grease the machine every week. At the end of each working day we wipe the rails and then use the spray oil on them.
    Be careful and put a cloth onto the router table so that no oil spills onto the spoilboard. Our panels are spray painted after routering so we cannot have any oil on the panels.

You should be aware that MDF dust needs to be kept away from lubricated areas. So always use dust extraction to keep dust to a minimum and wipe the lubricated areas regularly to prevent buildup.

When your machine arrives it will have an anti rust goo on the rails and teeth. You MUST use a wax and grease remover to clean all of this off before you lube the machine prior to initial start up.

Rocket.

Re-Lube re can'ts,
    Rocquette,my mate has a Becker VTLF500,same series as yours.Rotary vane oil less.Sounds good,no lube?There is a weird grease point which is a hole requiring a grease cartridge with a long needle.This tiny cartridge cost 85bucks Canadian.The pump was sounding bad as my mate was turning it on and off between sheets and only using it 5 hrs/week.The pump will last a long time if run all day,same as the spindle bearings.Shutting down for breaks is hard on bearings.If you cannot find the grease fitting,Jim may send over the Cam master girls to show you.:cheers:
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Lubrication and cleaning

Hi all.

Have been in CNC hibernation for a while, waiting for my machine to arrive.
    I have been reading the lubrication advices from our Australian friends and I was wondering:

When my machine arrives, I need to clean it. Do you use a degreaser to get rid of everything? We just bought a lathe her at work and using the degreaser on this made it clean, but possibly dried it out in some areas. Of course, re-lubrication fixes this, but I was just wondering if this was the way to go for the rails?

Lubrication:
    What type of oil do you use on the rails? There is so many different boxes that I have to say I'm lost. Silicon Oil, Industrial oil,Teflube,Penetrating oil,multi fluid - all in spray cans.
    I had a look at CRC products and was wondering, is there anything you guys could recommend since CRC seems to be a multi national brand?
    See www.crcind.com or http://www.crcind.com/csp/web/Countr...untry=NO&lng=3

I was kind of surprised to hear that the buys on our harbor claims $660 in what-ever kind of charges for my machine. It's more than the shipping it self of the machine to Norway

Most likely would the machine arrive next week, so I'm crossing my fingers and hope everything has survived the trip. It needs to be shipped with a freight company another 1300Km....

K

Oil is Oil

G`day Kent, Nice to know that your machine is not far away from you.

I would not use degreaser to remove the factory " Goo " from the rails.
    If you go to a paint shop you will be able to buy " wax and grease remover " in a 4 litre tin. It is quite cheap - should cost less than twenty dollars. It is a clear fluid and will take the goo off quite easily without leaving an awful smell and is not harsh like degreaser.

Not a good idea to use crc products or any type of penetrating fluid on the rails. It needs to be a lubricating oil. 10w motor oil would be O.K., although i prefer the new technology Spray Lubricant. It is an oil which contains P.T.F.E. which is a superior lubricant. I like the spray pack because it is easier to apply. Did you check out the website in the link that i put up in my previous post. Here is another link -
    www.pro-lon-ptfe.com

Don`t argue with the port charges - If you do they will just find more charges to hit you with, or delay delivery. They are a bunch of greedy ar..holes. It is the same in all countries ( or so it seems ).

Hope it all goes well for you.

Rocket.

Talking Nipples .... er... grease type.

Hi Larry, Been busy and could use a few of those Tsingtaos to wind down a bit.

Thanks for the info about the grease nipple on the vacuum pump. I will check it out - can`t afford to replace the pump anytime soon so i had better maintain it properly.

Would be lovely if Jim could send over the camaster girls.... If he does it will not be the nipples on the machine that i will be playing with!

Rocket.

Smile Similar product?

Kent, Have just had a good look through the crc website and may have come across a similar spray lubricant to the one that we use.

It is called Power Lube + PTFE
    crc part no. 102453131242

Came across this in the Lubricant section - Sub heading - Industrial.

Rocket.

I have found a similar product here in NZ called Super Lube. It has Syncolon PTFE and comes as an oil, a grease and also in a spray can. I will see if I can pick some up tomorrow as Blacks Fasteners in Christchurch has some.

Also our machine is due to be delivered from the port to work sometime tomorrow.

Shannon

Page 93 of 131 43839192939495103