588,567 active members*
4,823 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Transform Stretch no dialog box

Transform Stretch no dialog box

This has been beating me profusely today! I,m trying to stretch some letters. The first time I went to use the xform stretch function, I dragged a box around my letters and the stretch dialog box popped up but i didn't have everything selected that I wanted. So I cleared selection , then transform/stretch drag window around letters hit green button or enter, but now no dialog box. I,ve tried it repeatedly to no avail. Closed out Mastercam then restarted. Same thing. Any ideas?

What version of MC are we talking about? this makes a diffrence.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Mastercam X2

Ok are we doing like this. review link, I did this in X2 http://www.mastercam-cadcam.com/strech/strech.html
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Yeah except instead of stretching the box I have text inside the box that I am trying to stretch. And after I select the entities and hit the green button no stretch dialog box pops up. However the very first time I went to stretch it worked fine , box popped up but no w I can,t get it to pop up.

it should work in the same way or the other option is to scale the letters by and axis.
    Cadcam

I tried that too. I ended up deleting letter parts and recreating them with the line tool. Thanx for your help.

if you can share the sample of what you are trying to do. I might be missing some thing here. were the letters line geo or a note or splines?
    Cadcam