588,566 active members*
4,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Transform 2D Views into 3D CAD drawing...?

Transform 2D Views into 3D CAD drawing...?

I have a 2D drawing of a part with front, side, and top views. It is a part that will be hard to draw in 3D and I'm wondering if there is any software that will take the 2D views and render a 3D part?

Thanks a bunch for any help,
    Jason.

Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by tdfsu
    I have a 2D drawing of a part with front, side, and top views. It is a part that will be hard to draw in 3D and I'm wondering if there is any software that will take the 2D views and render a 3D part?

Thanks a bunch for any help,
    Jason.
    Post a picture of what you have and maybe after, sure would help explain what you are trying to do.

If you're looking to just give it 3 photos, hit a button, and have a perfectly constructed 3d wireframe... keep dreaming. There are however other tools that you take many many many pictures of an object with a "marker" that you put next to the image which tells the software what the orientation is... then through a process you construct it, perhaps that wasn't a good explanation, let me find a link.

Here is one: http://www.photomodeler.com/

I know of others, and have used other ones, but basically that is the closet thing I know of as to what you're talking about.

Ross

I do realize that I wouldn't be able to just import the three pics and get a 3D image. I'm just looking for software that will aid in rendering 3D drawing.

Anyway, I've attached the image.

Thanks again,
    Jason.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 33-36 cadillac patent art.jpg  

I'd look at www.rhino3d.com Their were some tutorials on how to take a 2D drawing like the car and make a 3d model of it. The best part is once you learn the teqnic you can apply it to what ever softwar your confortable with.