588,487 active members*
5,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 10m problem

Fanuc 10m problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'"m hoping someone can help me with my problem I just purchased a 88 Dah-lih machining center and I"m having trouble getting it to download from smartcam does anyone have a control manual for the Fanuc 10m control or can they tell me the best software to use so I can download Smartcam into this control I can transmit from the machine to the computer but it comes out as giberish I set the baud and data bits acording to the manual I have but it covers several fanuc controls and the book is not exactly like the 10m control I've tried terminal and hyperterminal but it doesn't work Thanks to all that will try to help me
    Wayne

If you send me a PM with an email address, I can send you the manual.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hyperterminal and Fanuc RS-232

Wayne,

Hyperterminal can be made to work, although there are better programs out there. The main thing to remember with ANY generic RS-232 software is that almost all CNC's need LINE FEED characters after every line. Notepad, Word, and possibly your G code post processor are not creating line feeds. Most programs just create carriage returns.

Deep down inside Hyperterminal's proerties is a box in the Ascii sending menu that forces a LF to be sent with every CR.

Try checking that. If that doesn't work, I can send you one of my .ht files that will set all of this up automatically.

The Cadem webiste in India (http://cadem.com/dnc/freednc.htm) still has their freebee software available.

It is an actual DNC product and works quite well. I use Hyperterminal mostly for customer's computers that are not web connected. Nearly always have Hyperterminal on them.

Warren
    www.uptimecorp.com

Quote Originally Posted by WGoyer View Post
    The Cadem webiste in India still has their freebee software available.
    I did not know they had restored that, they had gone to making it a paid option for quite a while, just like their Machine set up parameters, which are now a charge for, and used to be a freebe.
    The old win3.1 Terminal beats Hyperterminal hands down.
    Al.

Albert E.

NCnetlite software

Al,

I just downloaded NCnetlite again - hadn't had a copy on this computer. I agree that Hyperterminal is not a long term answer. I actually have been using Cimcom (sold by Western Numerical Control) lately. I like it because I'm asked to make binary tapes occasionally and it handles it.

ProComm is another favorite that most of our guys here use. Crosstalk for DOS was the classic that everyone really loved but that was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Warren
    www.uptimecorp.com

I still use Qmodem (DOS) from way back, I also use it also to read in tapes through the serial port.
    Al.

Albert E.

Your SmartCAM DNC program should work just fine, whether you're using Communicate or Predator. What version of SmartCAM are you running. What are your comm settings?

I have version 9 smartcam and I set the machine and the computer to the same settings
    wayne

I tryed using NCnet lite and I am getting a framing error message? What does this mean?
    Thanks

Framing error can be a few things. Try to make sure that you have the baudrate the same on the control and the DNC. I usually never ran over 4800 baudrate on the 10 series control. You could try changing your Stop bits to 2.

Experiement with different parity settings. I believe that on my 10m I had 2 stop bits, Even parity, and 4800 baudrate.

Stevo

Yes, 7-2-Even-4800 works real well on my Mori with the 10M. You may not have seen my troubles recently, but I lost the parameters on the mill and didn't have a backup because we were driving the baud rate too fast and couldn't get a successful transfer to the PC (all we had to do was slow down to 4800 and we would have been fine). Man, that cost some money!
    I use Cimco editor with DNC daily, but I have CodeShark Lite which is a good basic editor, and the MT TTY program at home that work real well also.
    The MT TTY program is one that somebody on the 'Zone here has on their web page for free download. It is an older app but has the old fashioned works every time kinda cool going on. I use this one to see if I can actually talk to a machine when I need to use a new DNC package. It lets me see if I just have the settings out of whack on the new software without pulling my hair out.
    Regards,
    John

i can help you my email id [email protected]