588,570 active members*
4,985 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Feature request

I was thinking it would be great if KMotionCNC/KFlop could have some additional things added to the interface. I would love to be able to open a dialog box from KFlop and ask for some numeric input. For example, I'd like to be able to write a surfacing algorithm in KFlop where I give it the size of my workpiece. There are other was to do it, but having numbers would be nice. It would also be nice to have a few check boxes that KFlop could have access to. For example, I'd like to be able to change which tool change strategy I use, and things like that. Finally, it would be great if I could get KMotionCNC to come up in inches instead of MM. I always forget to switch that. No big deal...just annoying. Maybe there's already a way to do the last one, but I haven't found it yet.

Hi John,

I think it would be difficult to add something like that to be flexible for many different applications.

To the default settings in KMotionCNC can be set in the "settings" file. There is a default file for setting Inches called INCHES.set.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com