588,513 active members*
4,782 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Through spindle coolant

I have been looking through the HAAS manual but see nothing that address this. Is there a way to change the air blow out time after a TSC run. I'm sick of taking a coolant shower every time I take it out of the spindle to change the endmill.

Is there a setting I'm missing to make the air blast longer?

Thanks

MC

It didn't take to long before I learned that myself when we got are new ec-500.I don't know if you can make the air blow longer,but this is what i'v been doing.I will call up a emty tool pocket so the spindle is emty,then just go into mdi and hold the tool release button for a few seconds till all the coolent is out,then just call up the tool you need to change.So what if you make two tool changes instead of one,atleast you don't get a face full of coolent . Allthough come to think of it that would be a nasty trick to play on someone :devious:,not that I would ever do anything like that.
    Just push the button,what's the worst that could happen.

The blow through has to be changed in the parameters, The tec did this to two of the vf4's I run I wish I had watched him do it but I didn't have time. It has slowed the run times way to much and I would like to change it back! or atleast make it less. The reason ours was changed was because of tool unclamp errors it was the only idea they could come up with, one vf4 is ok now the other still gets unclamp errors. This is not my idea of fixing a problem but it seems to be theirs. The problem started about two months after they installed them. Our vf11 which I also run has very few problems the vf4's get worked on about every six weeks, I told my boss(he's also the owner) he should get the extended warranty but I don't know if he did, well its been about five or six weeks since the last problem guess what I think will happen any day now! ... the correct answer is I will be finding out if he did the warranty ... he will be pi**ed any day now if he didn't.

GaryCorlew, you say you get tool unclamp errors, when do you get these? Is it random after having used tsc or maybe after long running tools useing tsc?
    Just push the button,what's the worst that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCorlew View Post
    The blow through has to be changed in the parameters, The tec did this to two of the vf4's I run I wish I had watched him do it but I didn't have time.

Parameter #237 TSC CLNT LINE PURGE is the one that controls the time for purging the coolant out.

We have TSC on some of our machines and the position of the stops on the draw-bar that activates the switches needs very precise adjustment/positioning so as not to get tool un-clamp errors and the TSC to work correctly. Our HAAS service person was very particular with this when he did ours.

Andrew.

Sorry fuzzyracing I haven't been on in a while, The unclamp errors occur most in the morning(one shift shop). After about three or four hours of running they will usually stop, It happens after using tsc. It happens every time after using tsc, First the tecs said it was the holders bought new ones no change(the oldest one was about six months old) no change, then they said it was the pull studs, they measured them every way possible, bought new ones replaced them all just in case again no change. Then the last time they changed the purge time. It fixed one not the other we still get the error. The VF11 is about 6 months older and no where the number of problems that the VF4's have. The Vf11's problems have been from bolts being left loose during manufacturing, IE spindle cable fell off and it would not run over 400 rpm(I was running aluminum at the time at 6200 rpm) a couple of weeks later the side tool changer would not rotate, the belt that runs it was loose, the motor that runs it had one bolt tight the other was almost falling out. When the machine was first installed the doors nearly passed each other, the tec tried his best to get them to line up but couldn't do it, they put new doors on and as your facing the doors the whole left end was replaced.