587,008 active members*
3,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > DYN4 Overcurrent, but only on initial startup

Hybrid View

Re: DYN4 Overcurrent, but only on initial startup

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The Logic should never have anything to do with the Estop circuit, the control should always be the first thing that powers up then the power supplies and any other logic

When you power up any machining center the computer is always first then all other low power and logic then main servo power

I normally use a SSR to turn on all logic and power supplies then Reset turns on the main servo power, you don't need a PLC to do that
    I'm not sure I'm following. I am pretty much doing that right now but it doesn't work with these drives. I need to somehow stage the logic power to come on after the control has had a minute or so to come online.

Using a spare output from the PLC to control another small contactor seems like it would be pretty easy to implement. It would basically just need to be TRUE whenever the PLC is running. I'm certainly open to other suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Beckham View Post
    I'm not sure I'm following. I am pretty much doing that right now but it doesn't work with these drives. I need to somehow stage the logic power to come on after the control has had a minute or so to come online.

Using a spare output from the PLC to control another small contactor seems like it would be pretty easy to implement. It would basically just need to be TRUE whenever the PLC is running. I'm certainly open to other suggestions.
    Yes you could do it like that seeing you already have the PLC as part of your system, but at no time the machine is in run mode should the logic be able to disconnect only at power down of the machine
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Yes you could do it like that seeing you already have the PLC as part of your system, but at no time the machine is in run mode should the logic be able to disconnect only at power down of the machine
    Okay I think I'm following now. I won't implement anything that would cut power to the logic circuit prior to shutdown.