587,482 active members*
3,128 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics P1 VFD meltdown

Hybrid View

Re: Milltronics P1 VFD meltdown

May be a good time to put a single phase drive in if you dont have 3phase where your at...

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    May be a good time to put a single phase drive in if you dont have 3phase where your at...

Yes, I don't have 3 phase so a newer single phase VFD would be best. I'd like to retain the rigid tapping, I've read that some VFD don't support what is needed to do that.

Any recommendations on a VFD?

Quote Originally Posted by srcarr52 View Post
    Yes, I don't have 3 phase so a newer single phase VFD would be best. I'd like to retain the rigid tapping, I've read that some VFD don't support what is needed to do that.

Any recommendations on a VFD?
    Another photo of the VFD with the cover off showing the low voltage terminals, this is how it is controlled, it appears to be just a standard VFD with those numbers

With the plugs I thought you needed something special

It almost looks like you would be better to dump all the electronic and start with something new like the Acorn Control, depending on the axes motors it would be a simple conversion

Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication.DIY CNC kit
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Another photo of the VFD with the cover off showing the low voltage terminals, this is how it is controlled, it appears to be just a standard VFD with those numbers

With the plugs I thought you needed something special

It almost looks like you would be better to dump all the electronic and start with something new like the Acorn Control, depending on the axes motors it would be a simple conversion

Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication.DIY CNC kit
    I’d rather not dump the Milltronics controls. I already have a running Cent 1 machine and I do a lot of my programs in the conversational on the machine. It’s really great for one offs and quick repairs that I normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post

You don't need a single phase VFD, any 3ph VFD will run on single phase, up to what ever your single phase supply max amps are
    Mactec54