588,496 active members*
4,602 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Z-Axis Config

I am trying to setup my machine with home/limit switches and my z-axis started acting funny. I can get it to home properly, but then when I try to run any type of code it either runs in the wrong direction, or hits a soft limit or something. Can someone please share a couple screen shots of their x,y&z axis config wizard screens? I feel like i can figure out how to fix mine if I see someone who has it working correctly. Thanks,

when you jog the Z axis does it move the right way?
    How did you build the configuration?

Yes it jogs in the right direction, but I have the leadscrew pitch at -4. I can't remember if I saw to do that somewhere or just tried that and it made it work correctly. I used the stepconf wizard to set it up.

post some pictures of your z axis and the switches, and in the mean time try editing that config and changing the "oposite" or something like that near the home switch seting in the pinout menu. I dont remember how i had it setup in my plasma cutter but i know i had to fidle with that to make it home and move properly.

Try to return the pitch to +4 and then invert the direction in a checkbox, that is meant for reversing direction.
    Sven
    http://www.puresven.com/?q=building-cnc-router

still frustrated

Well I finally got some time to mess around wihnthis again. I changed my pitch to positive and inverted the direction pin out however it still won't work properly. I got it to move in rthe right direcioms and got it to find hme, but it exceeds soft limits when I try and ru something. I used stepconifg to set it up. Anyone have a screen shot of their working z axis? Thanks,