588,357 active members*
7,654 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle enable alarm Fanuc OTB

Hi any body
    My machine is Tongil control Fanuc OTB alrm 998 Rom parity , I set old parameter X & Z axis run Jog & Zero oke but can't run spindle , can't set Diagnostic , If you can please help me

"just asking" but what about a door interlock
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

If you have a model a ) control (without a graphics board) the memory board contains 5 chips 2 of those are the Eprom's for the ladder and 2 of them are the proms for the firmware and the remaining one is for the servo.

There should be a code on the screen (hex value) indicating where in the prom's the error is coming from.

Having just gone thru this with a customer last week what I did was order the 3 rom's and a new memory board to make sure the problem was solved.

You need to make sure you have a complete back-up of parameters and part programs.

Check to make sure all the chips are properly seated in the sockets, there are a total of 5 in sockets.

I doubt clearing the memory will help you at all. If the control wont boot at all normally and you dont have a backup or a hard copy from the mtb you should be prepared for a challange.

Good Luck

Thank you