588,490 active members*
4,459 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > problem with toolpath, trunion

problem with toolpath, trunion

hi 2 all ... i want generate cPlane toolpath for my ring ... but there is one problem , toolpath creates in wrong direction..and spindle cuts through the ring...i attached video and sceene of this ring .. tell me what i'am doing wrong ? sorry for my English ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just tried it and it worked correctly for me. Judging by the video, I think you're doing some unnecessary steps, and steps out of order. Here is how I got it to work:

1) Set the Cplane to the face (in the direction you want to machine)
    2) Activate the part in madCAM
    3) Select your machine
    4) Select your tool
    5) Select the 5-axis indexed button (don't pick the revolution button)
    6) Set your stock to the modeled stock
    7) Create the path.

I don't think the order you do #1 and #2 matters, but the others do.

Hope this helps,

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic 1.png  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

wow super ...it is work for me to ... thank you very much... by the way can i edit 3d model wich showed in simulation ... i want create my cnc 3d model for simulation is it possible ?

I don't really understand the question, but if you are asking if the material removal can show in an indexed path, then no, not at this point.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

no i mean can i edit trunion model to my own design ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture1.jpg  

Sorry for misunderstanding. Yes, you can create your own machine models for madCAM. You probably noticed that my illustration had a different machine model than default. That is a Hermle C800U trunnion.

Here is what you need to do (assuming you have a 3D model of your machine):

1) Move the components so that the spindle face is at world 0.
    2) Move the table components to world 0 as well (see the pic1). I find it more practical to cut away the machine components that are either not at risk of collision and/or just get in the way of seeing the tool.
    3)Export the spindle as an stl file and place it in the folder: machine simulator/default/machine_mm (or inch if that's what you use)/2(for trunnion style)/ and name it head.stl
    4)Export the trunnion as an stl file to the same folder but call it A_table.stl
    5)Export the rotary table and your fixturing as an stl file to the same folder and call it B_table.stl.

You should now have your custom machine in the madCAM simulator. You may need to close Rhino and re-open it to see the changes.

Hope this helps,

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic 1.png  

respect you.. it absolutely helps me, everythings work nice.... )) :cheers:

Glad to hear it worked out. In madCAM 5 you will be able to set up machine models for more than 1 machine of a specific type. For example, if you have 2 different trunnion style machines, you will have a machine model for each.

Something to look forward to. :wee:

Dan

looking forward to release ... Do you know when will be released MadCam 5 ?

It's very early in the beta testing phase so probably not for quite a while. What we really need first is for Rhino 5 to be released. Hopefully we'll see that happen this year!!

Dan