587,998 active members*
1,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Activating the waylube pump ?

Activating the waylube pump ?

Guys,
    Is there some secret command or debug option to activate the waylube pump ? I just want to be sure all the lines are flowing.

Thanks!

Good question...

We had some way-lube issues on our 4020 a while back and if I remember correctly it is based on movement of the ways ...and I am having a brain-burp here...but I think it lubed every 4? minutes of operation...I think we just programmed in a really slow feed over a long distance and fired the spindle up too and let it run until it hit whatever time/logic period is was looking for. But, that is an old '93 4020 so who knows. It has a manual lever to pump as well and that was great to check it immediately but there should be a secret-shake or code that you could activate the electric pump portion and insure continous function, but I don't know of one. I do know that the way lube manifold located under the left end of the table ( as you are facing the machine) was a crumbling piece of scrap and had several cracks. If your machine is older that part may need addressing and it is not an expensive replacement...does come in at least 2 variants though for number of lines.
    I know I didn't help much but that's just something I remembered from a while back.

If its an older pump they have a aluminum piece sticking out that you can adjust. These pumps are a basic Bijor pump and lube when the static pressure reaches 500psi (I believe its 500). It sounds like your machine farted wen they go.. One way o tell is to watch the way cover in front of your Z axis and look to see if their are small oil puddles gathering.

Way pump

Ive noticed on several fadals that that lube pump dont like to work.On ours,When I fire the machine up,I manually pump it untill I see oil in all the lines.clean the filter in the bottom,as it gets full of wax and check all the metering units to make sure they still work.You wont like this,but way lube has lots of wax in it and certain coolants will make it seperate and plug up the grooves in the turcite.

"If you do what you always did,you'll get what you always got."

I dont think Vactra 2 has any wax in it I think your problem might lurk elsewhere. We had disastrous results from using a vactra 2 substitute...I would only suggest Vactra 2 for Fadal applications and Vactra 4 for much larger machines.

on the 1100-2 board you can unplug and plug back in the k19 relay which will activate the waylube pump, or you can, on some with the solenoid mac valve on top of the pump grab a small allen wrench and activate it , by pushing on the solenoid manual test button

Quote Originally Posted by alexacosta82 View Post
    on the 1100-2 board you can unplug and plug back in the k19 relay which will activate the waylube pump, or you can, on some with the solenoid mac valve on top of the pump grab a small allen wrench and activate it , by pushing on the solenoid manual test button
    We have a winner!

Yes - push and hold the manual activator on the solenoid. once you see the pressure gauge stabilize - let it go. Repeat as desired.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca