I took a college course a year ago in Solidworks. After the class ended I converted some hand sketches to CAD drawings. I got pretty good with Solidworks but got busy at work and in my own shop. Went an entire year without using Solidworks untill this week. Have a project at work where I had hand sketches and converting thme to CAD. I'm learning Solidworks for the second time and already think I'm better than ever after short sessions in the last few days.

I understand Solidworks is a spin off of Auto-CAD. Therefore, knowing some Auto-CAD can be helpful when learning Solidworks. Objects are drawing in 3-D (part drawing) from the beginning. Conveting to a 3-view drawing (or Orthagraphic projection) is done last.

Assemblies are another strong point for Solidworks. What you do is open several part drawings and then click and drag them into an assembly page. Very impressive to take a pin and piece with a hole and actualy insert the pin in the hole.

Hopefully, Solidworks users can come here and learn form each other. I have knowone to help me so I sometimes slug it out for several minutes or hours.
Jim