587,112 active members*
4,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Toolpath Transform problem...

Toolpath Transform problem...

I'm having trouble getting my "like" tool operations grouped together when doing 2 transforms.

I Transform - Translate down to get 4 copies of the part. At this point, my tooling is grouped together as expected. Now, I take "that" transformation and Translate-Mirror - so i get 4 copies to the right. So I now have 8 copies of the part.

It wants to complete the right column of parts, then moves over and does the right column of parts - which doubles my tool changes. I've tried about every combination of checkboxes there - but can't get it to do it.

What I have been doing, is just generating the source code for all operations and then dragging and re-arranging the order to group the tools together.

So I can get it done, but its a pain if I need to make a change to one of the operations.

Using MX2-SP1....

Thanks!

My first thought is try mirroring the first part before translating. Then translate both part to create the 8 you are looking for. I haven't tried this but it is a thought. I use MCX not X2 so don't know about differences.

Mike.

check your operation order or operation type check boxes i think it should be set to operation type not sure, haven't done a transform translate tool path in a long time
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

cmmachine,
    I was trying to avoid having 2 sets of geometry - in case changes are needed later. I just wanted 1 part/geometry...

cnc-king,
    Operation order does work for the 1st translation, but those selection boxes are grayed out and not available for the mirroring translation...

you are going to have to break it down by operations, mirror them then after you have done that then translate te all the ops and matching mirrors and translate them . could be a little more but still better then programing them all.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

cadcam,

Didn't try that combination - it works well. This is the least amount of additional work - especially if changes are needed later.

Thank you!

cadcam,

Didn't try that combination - it works well. This is the least amount of additional work - especially if changes are needed later.

Thank you!