587,974 active members*
4,635 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 16T tool nose comp question

Fanuc 16T tool nose comp question

Hey guys, i have a quick question. i have a new Nakamura lathe with a 16T console on my shop floor. What i need is a little help with displaying the tool nose comp columns in the geom and the ware pages. i read threw my manual like 4 times and finally found a blurb about it. but i can not seem to find the parameter that i need to change to turn on the tool nose comp option. any help would be appreciated thanks.

This may be a dumb answer, but you turn on cutter comp with G41 (left) or G42 (right) in your part program.

If you are saying that these commands don't work, there is a parameter somewhere that needs to be set to a "1" if your machine has the firmware to support cutter comp.

John

Is this a NEW machine? I can't believe they didn't turn on TNR comp. I'd call your dealer.

Yeahh G41/G42 should do the trick.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcool View Post
    Hey guys, i have a quick question. i have a new Nakamura lathe with a 16T console on my shop floor. What i need is a little help with displaying the tool nose comp columns in the geom and the ware pages. i read threw my manual like 4 times and finally found a blurb about it. but i can not seem to find the parameter that i need to change to turn on the tool nose comp option. any help would be appreciated thanks.
    Check 9927.6 in the options to see if it is on, As as far as I knew I thought they all came standard now with auto tool nose comp. I can send you the parrameter manual for the 16iT. Just sedn me a private with an e-mail address. It is toi big a file to post here

Bluesman