587,997 active members*
1,757 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > centurion6 memory problem

centurion6 memory problem

Hi
    i have a problem with memory check on my partner MB18 with centurion 6 control.

After boot i stop to charge the cnc exe, and with F3 from menu' list i check the memory (on the simdisk)
    the result is 760k memory but the report inform me that 404K are in bad sector,so the avaible memory is only 160k.
    What it means?
    There are some chip memory bad?
    The simdisk card have two side,in upper side there are 6 chip and on the board there is write 6mb flash, it is a chip for ram memory?
    Anather thing: there is a flat cable that connect the simdisk card with NCB control card, if i want to update my yistem and replace the simdisk card with cf card or equivalent device i need to know the function of this flat cable, where i can conect it ,if i replace the simdisk card?
    I think this flat connect the NCB card with ISA bus of MB.
    Is true?
    many thanks in advance
    Alberto

bad memory

The memory is not bad. What happens is that when formatting the simdisk, it formates it to "look like" a 720K floppy disk. If there is not a full compliment of memory chips ( ie: memory upgrades) it reports the missing memory chips as "bad sectors".

Ciao scusa se ti disturbo, io ho una Milltronics Partner VM16 con centurion VI
    ho anche io un problema simile al tuo, nel senso che penso abbia la memory della scheda ISA (per intenderci quella che comunica con la scheda assi) corrotta.
    A me quando accendo la macchina non caricail sistema, e devo fare sempre il setup da dos per poter accendere la macchina, e facendo il setup mi trova di 720 kb 400 kb corrotti, tu hai poi risolto il problema??
    se mi lasci un recapito telefonico ci possiamo aiutare a vicenda.
    Grazie.....
    Mimmo