587,030 active members*
3,903 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > What is the best 3D CAM Software?

View Poll Results: What is the best 3D CAM software?

Voters
577. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catia

85 14.73%
  • Cimatron

37 6.41%
  • Esprit

47 8.15%
  • Mastercam

289 50.09%
  • One CNC

49 8.49%
  • Surfcam

70 12.13%
Page 10 of 27 8910111220
    Quote Originally Posted by crazythunder View Post
    Mastercam hands down in the right hands in the wrong hands a piece of paper. Mastercam will give Catia, Pro-E, Surfcam, Cimatron, and Ug a run for its Money. It can do 5 axis, 4 axis, lathe, Mill-Turn 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 axis. Yes I have and I am doing it so I know what I am talking about.
    Prove it. (nuts)

Mastercam hands down in the right hands in the wrong hands a piece of paper. Mastercam will give Catia, Pro-E, Surfcam, Cimatron, and Ug a run for its Money. It can do 5 axis, 4 axis, lathe, Mill-Turn 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 axis. Yes I have and I am doing it so I know what I am talking about.
    I agree 100%

Haven't seen a part yet that MCam can't do well.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

That's because you are completely biased towards mastercam and have literally no experience with any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    That's because you are completely biased towards mastercam and have literally no experience with any of the others.
    So do you always go off the deep end and talk crap about things you know absolutely NOTHING about?

I have been programming for about 17 years. I have been using Mastercam for about 7 years. Before that I used Cimitron, VG, Surfcam, Pro-E/M Geopath and others, including significant testing on Catia. My bias for Mastercam is based on years of experience with it and other CAD/CAM softwares.

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

You really should make sure you know what you're talking about before you open your mouth and insert your foot. So far, the only thing you've done when you open your mouth is change feet.

Do yourself a favor; in order to try to get back what little credibility you have here, don't speak up unless you actually know what you're talking about.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I call them as I see them. Anyone reading here can look at your posts and see you have a history of attacking anyone who says anything about Mastercam and backing it with nothing more than chutspa. So prove it to us all Matt. Explain to us why Catia's 5 axis toolpaths aren't as good or easy to create as Mastercam's are? How does the 5 axis tool flanking lead/lag control in Mastercam shine over Cimatron E's? While your at it show me anywhere on the internet outside of the zone where anyone states that Mastercam is better or easier to use than Catia or Cimatron.

I call them as I see them.
    Then perhaps it's time to get your eyeglass prescription updated.

Anyone reading here can look at your posts and see you have a history of attacking anyone who says anything about Mastercam and backing it with nothing but chutspa.
    I only attack those who make unfounded and idiotic claims about it, just as I do when they do the same crap about VG or anything else. Perhaps a refresher course in reading and comprehension is in order for you?

So prove it to us all Matt. Explain to us why Catia's 5 axis toolpaths aren't as good or easy to create as Mastercam's are? How does the 5 axis tool flanking lead/lag control in Mastercam shine over Cimatron E's?
    Prove what? That MCam compares with the Cimitron and Catia? I don't believe I said the toolpaths were BETTER than MCam, I believe I agreed that MCam could compete with them. Do try to keep up.

While your at it show me anywhere on the internet outside of the zone where anyone states that Mastercam is better or easier to use than Catia or Cimitron.
    You mean like the Catia or Cimitron forums?

Are you just mad because Mastercam is beating the crap out of every other package, combined? On a forum with over 80,000 members from all over the world in all types of business, do you think it's biased towards MCam for any reason other than maybe it actually IS better?

LMAO!!! You bring the funny.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

I find you equally hilarious.

Matt,

By the way I use mastercam and I am very fast with it. It is easy for me to get good code out of it. So don't get me wrong It's just that there are a LOT of other systems out there that I use and like too.

Matt,

By the way I use mastercam and I am very fast with it. It is easy for me to get good code out of it. So don't get me wrong It's just that there are a LOT of other systems out there that I use and like too.
    I'm fast with several systems and I prefer Mastercam. By a long shot. It puts it all together better than anything else I've used.

For you to say that I have "literally no experience with any of the others" and that I am "completely biased" is an insult and I'd like an apology.

For the record, I find you funny because you don't know WTF you're talking about when you refer to me and my experience and/or motives, and you made a fool of yourself in front of everybody by trying to make yourself out to be smarter than you really are.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Matt,

I have been a CNC programmer for 30 years. I work for BOEING machining large Titanium parts on Cincinatti Millicron and SNK 5 Axis CNC mills. I work with the CURRENT versions of Mastercam X, Cimatron, Catia, and NCL. The LATEST versions, all at the same time, so I think my perspective might be a little keener than yours. Working with the Latest version of Mastercam AND Catia at the same time beats, "significant testing on Catia" "seven years" ago any day.

I asked you for specifics about those systems; you offered none.

As far as having any credibility here on the zone peruse this:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...598#post433598

I have been a CNC programmer for 30 years. I work for BOEING machining large Titanium parts on Cincinatti Millicron and SNK 5 Axis CNC mills. I work with the CURRENT versions of Mastercam X, Cimatron, Catia, and NCL. The LATEST versions, all at the same time, so I think my perspective might be a little keener than yours. Working with the Latest version of Mastercam AND Catia at the same time beats, "significant testing on Catia" "seven years" ago any day.
    Congratulations. Want a cookie? Not sure what that has to do with:

Mastercam will give Catia, Pro-E, Surfcam, Cimatron, and Ug a run for its Money.
    I agree 100%
    You spoke clearly and loudly out of the side of your ass.

The fact is, and will remain, that I have more than enough experience with CAD/CAM to know that Mastercam CAN AND DOES give those others a run for their money. Period.

Just because you're mad at the world for (widely) favoring Mastercam over what ever you prefer is no reason to troll here about it.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Talking

Matt,

You sure make HUGE posts. Mastercam rules! :banana:

Matt,

You sure make HUGE posts. Mastercam rules! :banana:
    :withstupi :rainfro:
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

LOL :rainfro:

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

I call them as I see them. Anyone reading here can look at your posts and see you have a history of attacking anyone who says anything about Mastercam and backing it with nothing more than chutspa. So prove it to us all Matt. Explain to us why Catia's 5 axis toolpaths aren't as good or easy to create as Mastercam's are? How does the 5 axis tool flanking lead/lag control in Mastercam shine over Cimatron E's? While your at it show me anywhere on the internet outside of the zone where anyone states that Mastercam is better or easier to use than Catia or Cimatron.
    "Bottom Line" Mastercam has more registered seats sold World Wide than any other CAM Software. In the right hands any software can compete with another. That said, the only limit is the user.

Mastercam is also more affordable than Surfcam, Catia, Featurecam, Delcam, SolidCAM, and Pro/E.

As far as what one chooses to use, well, that is personal preference or what is in the budget, LOL.

BTW: Mastercam does RULE!!!!!!!!:bananagroup)
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Smile This post is for you Mike.

So I see Mike is stirring up trouble again.

So you would like for me to prove it how, where, and when??? We do work for Boeing, Ge Aerospace, Fuji, Mitsubishi, Vought, Spirit, and about a half dozen other aerospace companies. Programs from 737 to 787, Apache, Osprey, and other Programs from Top secret to experimental to everyday commercial. Materials Range from O Condition Alum to Titanium Weldments.

Machines I have programmed using Mastercam.

SNK 3 spindle 5 axis 230' x 160" gantry.SNK 6 axis Horizontal SNK HPS-4B, profiler, 5 axis SNK Vertical Profiler FSP120V, SNK Vertical/Horizontal 5 face RB-4VM and RB-2NM, Mitsui-Seiki HU63A-5X 5 axis Horizontal Trunnion, Cincinnati 3 spindle Double Gantry 100' x 120" 5 axis profiler, Hitachi Seiki Horizontals Ranging from 400mm 40 pallet FMS to 1000mm all with either 4 axis indexing or full 4 axis milling, Hitachi Seiki Hi-Cell 4 axis Mill/Turn, Hitachi Seiki Verticals 3 to 4 axis, 3 axis Komo Routers, 5 axis Thermwood Routers, 3,4,5 axis Haas Vertical Mills, 3,4,5 axis Fadal Vertical Mills. 2,3,4 Axis Mazak Slant Bed Lathes with C & Y axis and Dual Spindles. Horizontal Integrex E410-HS What some would consider 9 axis I only Consider 5 axis Mill/Turn, Okuma 2,4 Axis up to Dual Turret Lathes, Yama Seiki 4 axis Vertical, Mighty 4 axis Vertical, Viper Lather 30"swing 72" between Centers, Mazak Vertical Mills 3,4 axis. Those are some of the machine I can think of off the top of my head that I have or are programming. I have programmed Mori's, Kitamura's, Maho's, Sodick Wire, and even made part programs for Swiss Screw Machines. I have in the last 6 months developed my own SYNC method inside of Mastercam for pinch turning and pinch milling using Cantext as my wait code driver. I help people all over the world with Mastercam problems; free of charge and do what I can to better this Industry.

Does Mastercam have faults yes!! Is there any software that does not and is so perfect it puts all programmers out of jobs?? Mike you like to stir up trouble and I applicate your response in the Employment thread, however hashing up a comment from some time ago just to twitch swords accomplishes what exactly? You think I am full of it fine, send me any part you think I can not handle and pay me for my time and I will show you I know what I am talking about if not keep talking out of both side of your mouth. Thanks Rekd for pointing that out. You use Mastercam and are fast at it, yet if anyone else makes that claim we are to be doubted?? I have no reason to lie, my bread and butter comes from Mastercam, I make a very good salary, with awesome benefits and get to work from home 2 days a week thanks to the grace of God for giving me the ability has has given me to understand machining, computers, and manufacturing. You got a problem with that take it up with God.

keep talking out of both side of your mouth.
    Ron, I wouldn't waste too much more time on Mike. He's just mad and doesn't really have anything of sustenance to argue with, so he resorts to making things up or he ignores it or changes the subject.

It's funny and sad at the same time. :wave:
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Matt I don't for his sake it as mush for others that may buy into it. Like the Media always telling people what the Media thinks they should hear and not what we should hear. Until someone make the media accountable it will stay out of control. He tried to hold me accountable and I have an answers for that accounting.

Matt I don't for his sake it as mush for others that may buy into it. Like the Media always telling people what the Media thinks they should hear and not what we should hear. Until someone make the media accountable it will stay out of control. He tried to hold me accountable and I have an answers for that accounting.
    Precisely. And exactly. (Backyardigans)

He reminds me very much of xyzdonna in the climate change thread. Shes speaks a lot but rarely says anything.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Page 10 of 27 8910111220