588,058 active members*
5,817 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

UPS INstallation

I have 2 CNC lathes from MYDAY and electricity is a big problem in my place. Sudden interruptions causes multiple errors in PLC system & I ended up pulling out & re-install FANUC cards (just doing the reset). In this sense its so obvious that fluctuations affects the system.

Is there any way I can install regular UPS in this machine? just to protect the system & not necessarily to continue the job. Atleast the UPS can give the machinist 5-10 mins power to perform proper shutdown. Please can you help how can I integrate the regular UPS. If you can send circuit to me i would appreciate it too much. It is not necessary to send me circuit of the same machine, I just want a guide on where to tap the UPS to protect the system from future breakage.

Thank you very much...

Re: UPS INstallation

My 2 Cents. It would not be possable to give the machinist 5-10 mins power to perform proper shutdown, due to the fact that the drives should shut down when the power goes wrong. To supply enough power to keep the entire machine on would cost way to much. Protecting the controller is thinkable as you would only need to UPS the power to the controler. Just look at the machines electrical prints an see what powers the control and change that circuit.