587,125 active members*
5,664 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FANUC WIRE EDM

F Looking for a wire edm flush pump......

Is your rebuildable? It's probably a grundfos right? If so, you can more than likely get a rebuild kit from them.

Roger

Big blue. Little blue. or the DI pump? There are 3.

Its the big high pressure flush pump . I know they can be rebuildt . I was hoping to find an inexpensive replacment....My di pumps motor failed and I got a Baldor metric motor as a replacment....I took the pump apart first time back together it leaked like a sieve.....Second attempt I had the motor seal to tight and pump would not turn....Grundofos want over 200.00 dollars for a shaft seal its a spring loaded seal with a carbide cap that pushes on the end cap of the motor after some messing around I got it to work good...The problem with the flushing pump is when the air temp in the shop is high the pump is relucant to start it sipns slow stops spins slow stops slow then takes off....During the colder season it can run 12 hours a day no problem...Grundfos wants over 800.00 for a pump stack and another 400 for labor....The places that sell elox parts want 2600.00 for a replacment...ouch...I was hoping someone knew of a machine being scraped out or had a spare they would be willing to part with....Thanks for your help Jim ...He knows his stuff.....

I do have a used Big Blue. They are hard to find in decent shape. Only one I
    have had in 10+ yrs. The one I have came off an "O" model. Which is the small tank model so dought if was used wide open. It also cut Aluminum 90% of time so pump should be Aok as a lot less wear than steel or ?.
    Where are you located? This sucker is heavy. Jim 704-996-5737