588,337 active members*
4,685 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Torus PRO in stock

We now have the Torus PRO in stock. Quantity is limited so act soon!

Torus PRO bed mill Specs

Novakon Team

Novakon,

From time of ordering, how long should it take before a Torus Pro with servos is delivered (U.S. location - Zip Code 92835)?

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnToner View Post
    Novakon,

From time of ordering, how long should it take before a Torus Pro with servos is delivered (U.S. location - Zip Code 92835)?

Thanks,
    John
    Hello John,

We are currently sold out of the Torus Pro with servos due to high demand but will have stock in the coming weeks. We recommend pre-ordering for those wanting the servo version as they have exceeded our sales expectations and difficult to keep in stock. However, we do have the stepper version in stock at the moment.

Lead time for integration, testing and shipping is approximately 2-3 weeks assuming stock is available at the time of purchase. Transit time to your location would be between 7-10 days.

Hope this helps.

Novakon Team

Novakon,

Thanks, that is reasonable. Truth is that I'm at the point of choosing between the Torus Pro and a Tormach which, also, is a stepper machine. I like t he idea that your's has a more powerful motor and can do rigid tapping. However, Tormach has a solid reputation for customer support and having a machine that is generally useable "out of the box". Your machine looks to be very solid and should work well for me. Understandably, I don't want to buy a "large, and expensive, paper weight." I'll be deciding soon and inquiring of you an approximation of customs charges and shipping with lift gate to a residential address.

Thanks,
    John

Torus PRO Options

Hello John,

We want to make sure you understand the difference between the Torus and Torus PRO. The Torus has the servo spindle motor for rigid tapping while the Torus PRO has the option for servo on the axes. The tapping head attachment is available for the Torus PRO. By the way, the spindle breaking resistor is just now available for the Torus PRO to aid in the use of the tapping head and speedy tool changes.

The Torus PRO that is in stock has steppers for the axes, but can be upgraded to servo drive later on if desired. The next machines coming in all have the servo option since this option has been the most requested by our customers.

We wanted to make sure that the differences and options were understood.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Gimme gimme gimme!

Hopefully it's not a spindle-breaking-resistor! A spindle brake would be great though.

May we have some more information on this? I took a look at the site but came up empty-handed.

Novakon,

Thanks for the clarification. The lack of rigid tapping is not a show-stopper, as the Tormach lacks it as well. Because I'm not inclined to order a machine that's not in stock, I would have to order a Pro with steppers. Is there a retro-fit option for the Pro with steppers, and, if so, at what cost?

Thanks,
    John

Hi John,

We are happy that the options are more clear now. The stepper model Torus PRO is convertible to servo anytime. The changes for upgrade would mostly include just the servo motors/drivers, a new chassis mounting plate, cabling and a new electrical cabinet extension door since the servo drivers are deeper than the original cabinet. You will find that the components are much more modular and easier to replace or upgrade than before. The servo upgrade KIT is $4500 for the 3 axes...the 4th axis, if already installed, will not change. This is an advance order KIT and could be shipped with ongoing mill orders from our factory at any time.

We would like to make one more thing clear about a previous support question. As far as we know, Novakon is the only supplier of this class of machines that completely builds the controller in North America and tests each machine. It takes us longer, but we have taken much pride in the workmanship we have put into the Torus line of machines. We are continuing to improve the available spare parts and doing our best to provide even better customer support. We have more ideas for improvement and you will see more as time goes on. We thank our customers for the support that has been given and we will return it many fold.

I hope this answers your question on the servo KIT.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
    Hopefully it's not a spindle-breaking-resistor! A spindle brake would be great though.

May we have some more information on this? I took a look at the site but came up empty-handed.
    The breaking resistor is not a new idea, but we have provided the part to install to use the feature of resistive breaking. The link Breaking Resistor will show you the part.

I f you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Am I the only one who got that? lol

brake vs break : Common Errors in English