588,338 active members*
4,668 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Torus PRO stocked

Dear Novakon Customers,

We have a couple of Torus PRO mills in stock available for immediate sale. The bed mills we presently have are one stepper and one servo axis drive. Included is the 6K RPM AC spindle motor with C-300 VFD. Take advantage of the available stock. Processing time is 2-3 weeks upon order.

The next shipment of Torus PRO’s will be delivered to our facility approximately December 30, 2012, and we anticipate they will be available for customer shipment late January.

Please E-mail [email protected] with your inquiry.

Please reference: Torus PRO

Regards,

Novakon Team

I hope this means mine has either shipped or will be shipped Monday! I'm really champing at the bit here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torus PRO SN0067, A.jpg  

I know how you feel, but it is well worth the wait. Anyway, it will give you time to design all of your upgrades. Here's mine: PDB, chip enclosure, user interface mount.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

PRO Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
    I hope this means mine has either shipped or will be shipped Monday! I'm really champing at the bit here.
    Hello Hirudin,

We have tested your machine fully and it is working very well. We are the only ones who build controllers, integrate them and test the completed machine in a shop environment. It does take more time, but the machine will be well worth it. These servo motors and drivers are the only way to go.

Your machine will be packed and processed for shipping early this week.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    ... These servo motors and drivers are the only way to go. ...
    Novakon Team
    Are you planning to put a servo motor in the 8" rotary table, and driver in the controller, for the TPse (Torus Pro servo edition)?
    Are there any future plans for a 5th axis? Or special order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    We are the only ones who build controllers, integrate them and test the completed machine in a shop environment. It does take more time, but the machine will be well worth it.
    +1 :banana::cheers::cheers::banana:

Servos for additional axes

We have considered the servo for the 4th axis, but at this time the mounting of the motor for the table would have to be changed to accommodate the servo motor. The mount for a servo can be downgraded to fit a stepper motor, but not the other way. Most likely, in the future, we will have the tables made with the motor mount designed for a servo so that that a stepper can be added using an adapter ring fitting the stepper motor. Then it can be used both ways.

The servo driver will fit inside of the cabinet and can be done almost any time. The addition of the 5th and 6th axis would require an additional parallel PC port and a BOB. Things get real tight putting these extra drivers inside the electrical cabinet. At this time, we have not considered this, due to the low requests for this in the past.

Because the servo drivers are nicely designed and only need 220 VAC and a few control signals...it would lend itself to fit inside an auxiliary external box and connect up very nicely.

Thanks for the input. This will be taken under advisement when we look at our customer's needs for future changes.

Regards,
    Novakon Team