587,726 active members*
3,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Got my 145 yesterday- 7-15-10

Hybrid View

Got my 145 yesterday- 7-15-10

Finally! Arrived in good shape. I'll get some pics up soon, but initial thoughts are that I'll re-wire the computer cabinet to allow it to be mounted on a wall next to the unit. The space I have for it, doesn't allow any room to open the rear swing cabinet door. Minor thing..

The 4" vise did look like it came out of a 1940's machine shop at first, then I cleaned it up and it's shinny and new. Looks like a precision vise with the jaws closing perfectly.

The MPG didn't come with an adapter- so I emailed Khai at 7 or so PST. He responded in seconds to say that they had a problem with the adapter and will be exchanging the whole unit in a couple of weeks. Have to say that he's living up to his reputation for fast response to questions even after hours. More later.

Congrats on the new machine man...yeah pics would be nice.

Cool beans !

Congrats on the new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaahelper View Post
    Finally! Arrived in good shape. I'll get some pics up soon, but initial thoughts are that I'll re-wire the computer cabinet to allow it to be mounted on a wall next to the unit. The space I have for it, doesn't allow any room to open the rear swing cabinet door. Minor thing..

The 4" vise did look like it came out of a 1940's machine shop at first, then I cleaned it up and it's shinny and new. Looks like a precision vise with the jaws closing perfectly.

The MPG didn't come with an adapter- so I emailed Khai at 7 or so PST. He responded in seconds to say that they had a problem with the adapter and will be exchanging the whole unit in a couple of weeks. Have to say that he's living up to his reputation for fast response to questions even after hours. More later.
    cool. i like the idea of moving the cabinet. i may have to try that with mine too cause my shop space is so tiny i have to push the machine agaisnt the wall.