588,500 active members*
4,745 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc tech support

Is it just me or is fanuc tech support getting worse? I recall back in the day when you could talk to a "real" person, the only headache you woukd get is weather it was a "machine" problem or a "control" problem. I have not had to call them for a few years now that I work in engineering. I called them and after playing phone button games I found a person. I thought that she was going to let me talk to a tech but she gave me a case number. That was over a week ago and no call. I sent them an email and flamed them a little. I got a response in about less than a half hour. They told me they were working on my issue Is Haas tech support like this? I told them that this is why Hass is taking their market share?

That is one of the reasons I use Mitsubishi, I made four phone calls the past two days and received immediate response and with one, a tech faxed me technical data reply within 5 minutes.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The fact you have not had to call Fanuc Service in afew years says alot about their controls. Buy a Haas, you better have their service number on your speed dial.

Like I said in my posting, "I" have not called them in years because I do not work on cnc's on a daily bases. This is not an issue of quality but of their support. I have been running fanuc for 25 years and do not have an issue with quality. I used to be able to call my "local" support guy and get things handled, now I need a case #. How much down time does this cause?

You ought to try getting anywhere thru the 'Fanuc maze' without an account, let alone a case number. It ain't happenin. Then be prepared when the paperwork comes, I built a new house on less. Fianally decided, if teck support is as lousey as thier manuals, I don't want to even know what it would cost.

As far as I know we don't pay them for maintenance. I would not pay anyone for maintenance anymore. We run pro engineer here and they just kept charging us more money and sent tech support over seas? I recieved a call friday from fanuc, he told me that he called me the next day but they must not have given me the message; funny I gave him my direct number? I have to admit the guy really tried to get my issue resolved.

It appears that most of the Fanuc vendors (specially overseas ones) are only interested in selling Fanuc products. They do not possess enough technical capability to resolve issues. And, if Fanuc, Japan has to give technical support to people all over the world, this would be asking for too much !!

anyone know were can I get fanuc online help

This forum itself. There are many experts who would gladly help you. At least you will get proper advice.

Is it just me or is fanuc tech support getting worse?
    Their "tech support" has SUCKED since the early '80s in my experience with them. I didn't know it could get worse.......

Maz

While other companies post manuals etc on their web site, Fanuc ended up taking all the tech tips and service bulletins off.
    I managed to save a few before it happened, wish I had known ahead of time.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.