587,543 active members*
6,074 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Torchmate what?

I bought a used Torchmate 5 x 10 and in the process of reinstalling it I noticed
    a piece of the rack was missing. I really don't know if this is a Torchmate 1
    or 2. The rack appears to have been epoxyed to a piece of cold roller flat bar.
    Is this normal? Also does anyone know if there is a standard rack provided for
    these machines as I don't know how to identify the rack size or ( I think they call it pressure angle. Also since I don't really like this arrangement is there
    some form of upgrade I could employ. Even a one piece rack machined so the mounting holes and rack are all one piece. I have been a steel fabricator for
    years but this cnc stuff is new to me. I'm located in Charleston SC and wondered if there were any other Torchmate owners nearby. Thanks you

I can't tell you what size the rack is, but you have a TM1. And the rack glued into the flat bar is how TM recommends installing the rack. I will say that the glued in rack is very reliable, I built my TM1 like this and have probably 6 or 7 years of very reliable use from it with no problems. Use green locktite to install the gear rack as per TM instructions.

Smile

The size of the rack is determined by measuring the peak of the teeth from one to the other, usually in inch...