587,997 active members*
2,504 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Monitor went out on TorqCut-22 with DX32 Control

Monitor went out on TorqCut-22 with DX32 Control

The monitor produced a burning smell and went dark. I turned it off and placed an old 14" monitor I had laying around on top of the control. It works but I need to find a solution for either repairing or replacing the built in monitor. What is the usual action to take in this case? Fix it? Or perhaps remove it from the housing and rig it up with an LCD?

I am a little hesitant to modify the control housing and adapt for an LCD unit for fear of losing resale value.

Thoughts?

I purchased a used 760/22 a couple years back. The monitor had been changed to LCD and I am very thankful for it. I have a V2XT machine that is going to get one as soon I have a chance to install it. Any vibration and the picture begins rolling. Anyone that’s been around DX-32 controls is aware of the monitor issues. Personally, I would consider it beneficial to resale.

There was more than one monitor used by Bridgeport in these machines. Maybe EMI has a replacement monitor but I know that they have LCD replacements.
    emi-inc.net

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi MatalicGlow
    Call this guy ( 317 432 4786 David ) as he has these Monitors & other Torqcut22
    parts
    Mactec54

Replacement monitor

Hello.
    I have a used monitor out of a Bridgeport CNC DX-15. If your interested I could send you pictures of list via email. It was working good, I just changed to a flat screen monitor as part of a major update to the controller system. It would be quite cheap !
    Tenmetalman ([email protected])

Bridgeport monitor

You can actually use any VGA monitor from a computer to replace this one...cheap and quick fix good luck

Thanks a lot guys for the info and the offers for replacement parts. I am working as we speak to adapt a 17" LCD to the control housing in such a way that no irreversible modifications have to be made. I will hang on to the parts for now.

14" is too small anyway! ehshhh..