587,593 active members*
3,792 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Offline control unit from a cincinnati Arrow

Offline control unit from a cincinnati Arrow

Hi I have obtained a Control Techniques unit that was connected to a Cincinnati Arrow 500 in a local college. the load screen says its 1995. I have been told by the technican that it has the drive boards in it and all the contols work including the electronic handwheel. It looks like an Acramaitc 2100 unit. There is a 9 pin din output socket on the side of the unit. The question is shall I dump it or use it on my Denford Triac with a knackered control board? Any help would be appreciated, especially as I'm thick as two short planks when it comes to electronics
    Jimthefish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails controller1.jpg   controller 2.jpg   controller 3.jpg   cnc buttons.jpg  

screen grap.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

This isn't an Acramatic 2100 control

Quote Originally Posted by Jimthefish View Post
    . It looks like an Acramaitc 2100 unit. There is a 9 pin din output socket on the side of the unit.
    The Logo on the handwheel is a clue, Iv'e been trying to remember where I have seen it before??
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I have a 1995 Arrow 500 with Control Techniques control. The CRT and keypad are identical to what you have. The panel with the E-Stop and hand wheel looks similar to yours but is slightly different. The chassis looks like something that was either custom made for the school or was scrounged from something else. I have not had too many issues with the control on my machine but the Control Techniques amplifiers are horrible. The CT electronics are so unreliable that Machine Mate has made a retrofit kit specifically for the Arrow 500 and 750. If you decide to dump the CT parts you have I might be interested... just have spare parts to keep my machine going. I am a hobbyist so I can not justify the retrofit.

Thanks,
    Kris

Hi Cheers Left CoastCNC. I'll keep you in mind, however I dread to think how much it would cost to send, even if I take it all out of the metal case. The FNC4 controller and monitor weighs over 80 lbs. I have attached a photo of the inside so you can look at the internal parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FNC4a.jpg   FNC4.jpg   FNC4b.jpg  

jimthefish, thanks for the pics. I did not notice that you are from the UK, yes that would be pricey to ship.