587,104 active members*
4,208 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help with homing and limits

Hi we're newbies at this and we're trying to build a CNC plasma table approx 6x12. We've overcome many hurdles but are now stuck and need some help.

My first problem is that when I do a Ref All Home, the Y axis (witch has a slave motor) only turns on the one motor yet when I jog all axis work perfectly. My second problem is with the X axis, when the homing switch is activated the led on the diagnostic page flashes instead of staying on steady and thirdly for some reason today my keyboard will not work for moving the axis's.

Any help is appreciated,
    John

Homing problems

We corrected most of our problems, the big thing was our DB25 EIA cable which was picking up transient voltages, we had 3 cables joined together. There was also configuration problems, the main one was solved when we homed the A axis to the Y axis homing switch. Hope this helps others.

Homing slaved axis

Hi John,
    I am having the same problem, with only one motor turning on the slaved Y axis when I try to home it. What exactly did you change in the configuration to get both motors to home together? I have tried several different settings with no luck.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rico55 View Post
    Hi John,
    I am having the same problem, with only one motor turning on the slaved Y axis when I try to home it. What exactly did you change in the configuration to get both motors to home together? I have tried several different settings with no luck.
    Thanks
    You have to make sure BOTH axis have a home switch defined in the Ports&Pins/Input Signals even if they are the same switch (pins). You may need to change the homing direction in Homing & Limits if you slaved motor runs the opposite DIR polarity in Motor Outputs.

Beware of using "GO Home" button if you have the Z home setup as the top-of-material touch-off probe since it will home Z first and slam it down on the material and drag it across to home X and Y (UGLY!)

TOM caudle
    www.CandCNC.com