588,347 active members*
5,941 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

My Fineline 2X4 R&P

So I spent the better part of this weekend constructing the frame. Pretty easy going, but I did have a few moments where I wish I had another set of hands available.

I had a whole set of T-wrenches, except, of course the 3/16 that i needed for the build. Was able to get away with a small L wrench, but what a pain after a while. The fact that this L was magnetized came in very handy when pulling the t-nuts through the channel.

Luke

Anyway, some pics below. My workshop is much smaller now.

i dig it!

Very nice -- Nate showed me the plans to this one, and it looks like a nice beefy machine. I think you'll be really psyched once you hook the R&P up and see how fast it goes .

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    Very nice -- Nate showed me the plans to this one, and it looks like a nice beefy machine. I think you'll be really psyched once you hook the R&P up and see how fast it goes .

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com
    No doubt about that. I sure was!

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

[QUOTE=Sheridan Basses;726669]So I spent the better part of this weekend constructing the frame. Pretty easy going, but I did have a few moments where I wish I had another set of hands available.

I had a whole set of T-wrenches, except, of course the 3/16 that i needed for the build. Was able to get away with a small L wrench, but what a pain after a while. The fact that this L was magnetized came in very handy when pulling the t-nuts through the channel.

sheridan

sheridan Have you completed your build yet ?
    what do you think about the 2x4 R&P now?
    I want to order 1 for my self just waiting on income tax and was wanting some input from builders. or builders who have their's up and running . I looks like a great machine . I got to look at the plans for it yesterday from nate and i was blown away by the design.
    and I am really excited and cant wait to get my hand dirty
    thanks for your time
    ghostlx
    hh
    http://www.pure-teck.com/home.html

Still working on the build, which is going pretty smoothly when i can devote time to it. I'll let you know how it all shapes up.

2x4 R&P

I got a look at those plans this week, and I am totally ready to buy it. I did have to promise my wife that I would build her a china hutch. Hint: If anybody has g-code for a really cool china hutch? end hint. I was really stoked about the 1st version he had out there, and was ready to buy it. But after looking at the r&p version. I decided to wait.

It's together. Still need to do the wiring and everything, but I'm making progress. A few pics, crappy as they may be.

Where did you find the fat serial cables? I'm using Cat6e which handles the current and voltage but I'd like to take a look at those big fat serial cables....

Those cables are CNC Router Parts motor cables (also carried by Fine Line Automation).

http://www.cncrouterparts.com/produc...products_id=45

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    Those cables are CNC Router Parts motor cables (also carried by Fine Line Automation).

http://www.cncrouterparts.com/produc...products_id=45

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com
    Cool....thanks Ahren!

big Phat Serial Cables

I got 4 of them, really inexpensive..

Setting up the system and Mach3

Hi all, looking to set up the proper step pin and direction numbers for the Motors? Toying with the defaults, i get X movement, but only in the negative direction when using the arrow keys. The Z settings are moving the gantry along the Y(again, only to the left) and what should be the Z is doing nothing. The A (second X) is not set up. So I'd assume that all the pins and directions aren't set up correctly?

I don't know your set up but on mine I use X 2 3 - Y 4 5 - Z 6 7.
    I found that I had to change mine from the default install settings.

That info should be with the paperwork of your BOB.

Edit: For those not familiar this is in the motor output tab.

Check your parallel cable. Ensure that it is a straight through type and not a "null modem". Yours should be straight pin to pin.

Cool. CattMaxx's numbers worked for xyz. Still need A, which will be the second X drive.

My A axis is: Step 8 Dir 9

Goes, ca-klunk, ca-klunk, ca-klunk.

If you have a home switch on the X axis you may want to think about setting the X and A to home together in the general settings area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan Basses View Post
    Goes, ca-klunk, ca-klunk, ca-klunk.
    You may need to reverse the direction of the A axis in Mach.

Page 1 of 2 12