588,017 active members*
8,638 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas tool changer

How does a haas tool changer for a vf6 work. We have one that I am told is random assignment. How is this beneficial other than the +1 tool feature. And how can I change it to act like a normal toolchanger?

IF its a side mount the software will put the tool in place that it will remember you dont need to. if you want to know were the tool is go to the tool offset page and the info is there this system is much faster then the umbrella style the only time the tool will go back to the same pocket is if it taged oversized then it will do a dubble tool change put one back then go get the other you will lose to pockets in this case one on either side of the tool taged oversized .once you get used to this system you wont go back. tool one is still tool one it will just move around the tool changer pockets.

Thanks for the info... You must have been reading my mind. It is a side mounted tool changer and it is a nice system. The problem I as encountering is that we sometimes use an 8" Face mill and I was worried about having to tear all of the tools out of our tool changer.... but now I don't have to. Thanks.