586,973 active members*
2,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Jason just completed the test, and it is still not working. I followed your instructions, as well as paying close attention to the orientation of the transistor legs. I got good solder joints with minimal heat. I tapped into the ground wire that I had placed from the input ground on the main board, I tied the base to the axis output on the main board, and tied the emitter to the bob in/out. Bob led, glows slightly, and once the switch is triggered the led gets bright, returning to the glow when the magnet is moved away. Still no recognition in Mach. Now here is where it gets weird. I remove power to the main board, take the ground wire off and Mach indicates a limit has been made. I can reset Mach, touch the ground to the input ground and again, it trips. Turn power back on and nothing!

I wonder if I have the emitter and base reversed. The package says the following. Shown with heat sink down. 123 from left to right, base, collector, emitter.
    Heat sink down would mean as I am soldering the heat sink would be down and away from me......right?

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

oh, i have no idea. I'd have to look at it and the package. Been awhile since I have used those through hole transistors.

I've been told that the new boards that utilize three ULN2803 chips solve that problem you are having. So, See if you can wire up using basic switches for now, and when I get a few of these kits finished, I will send you one. It will be a couple months till I have them ready, in the mean time, We'll see if we can get your current board working. John has some ideas on that.

Jason would it help if I sent you my spare Campbell Designs board? I am not going to install it for a little while. If you need it, pm my your address.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.