586,655 active members*
3,051 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Need servo motor for Arrow 1000

Exclamation Need servo motor for Arrow 1000

Anybody have a X or Y axis servo motor for an Arrow 1000 with the Vickers drives? It would be a # MT506A2-F9A1-070, and I would be interested in new or used.

mallardfiz, do you have anything over there cross the pond?

Best regards,
    John B.

motor

hello i might have one ready for repair. i will make some enquiries about a good one. i dont think you will have an option for a new one only a service exchange.
    What has happened to yours?
    the Arrow 1000 has a tendancy for coolant ingress into the 'x' axis motor. it doesn't happen on the other models. if this is the case with yours then try leaving it were you can have warm air blowing on to it to try to dry it out -
    it might work.
    will be in touch.
    please send me an e-mail to [email protected] that i can respond to.
    regards
    mallardfizz

I've got the X axis one that is completely corroded away and will need replacement to be a long term fix. The Y axis motor is not nearly as bad and can be sorted, but the other is past its point of return unfortunately.

Let me know what you find out, I'll PM you my contact info so you can send me numbers and such direct.

Thanks for the help!

Rgds,
    John B

It can be a gamble but we have seven Arrow 1000's, 1 750 and a 500 plus four falcons, three hawks one avenger and even an old cinturn. I started addressing replacement parts situations with our owner two years ago and he went out and bought whole spare machines for less than $10,000. This sounds like a lot but if you get even two good servo motors, spindle motor, couple of drives and atleast a few pieces of a working cpu you could save a lot of money in the long run. Plus gives you the option to repair your parts and have a spare. Right now i have three arrows and a avenger for spare parts. Oh and did not mention getting a good relay board as they seem to burn out regularly. But even with spares we are pondering trading them out for newer equipment but have found the only ones interested in them are people seeking spare parts. If you watch machine tool actions sites you may be able to pick something up for close to what siemens wants for just one good motor. But be carefull.