586,655 active members*
3,234 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Can a TM-1 be shipped under 100” in height?

Can a TM-1 be shipped under 100” in height?

Can a TM-1 be shipped under 100” in height?

Week #2 in delays our new to us used 2005 TM-1 from MI to us in OR. I used the freight size HAAS quoted me a new TM-1 ships as 75x65x103” at 3100lbs. This puts it only on a flat bed vrs fitting into the typical simi box trailer with a door opening of 101”. We ship LTL freight daily and have a good broker and trust it’s just a bear to get an open trailer available to move the mill. It be slam dunk if we could make it less than a 100” on the pallet as a standard LTL just gets it then. I have seen video of guys shoe horning TM’s into garages in homes. They had the large spindle cable lying flat to make them shorter, can this be easily done? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you, Mark
    2005 Haas TM-1, 4th HRT160 - OneCNC XR4 Pro w/4th - Alibre Design Expert
    Metal-tech 4x4 - www.metaltech4x4.com

I would say you should easily be able to lower the height by 3 inches. When your TM1 is in the parked position, the highest point will be the Regen Resistor pack on the top of the electrical cabinet. You should be able to remove this quite easily - which should give you a good six inches off the height.
    The cable trunking is flexible, but if you need even less height you can unbolt the box on top of the electrical cabinet the holds the cable trunking in place - this will give you even more room.
    If you need even more room then you may need to remove the Z axis motor - which is a bit more involved but should be fairly straight forward.
    Also - a simple one - winding the feet all the way up will probably lose an inch too.
    Attatched is a photo pointing out the position of the regen box.

(apologies to whoever the photo belongs to - I just found it by googling TM1)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tm1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Haas__man View Post
    I would say you should easily be able to lower the height by 3 inches. When your TM1 is in the parked position, the highest point will be the Regen Resistor pack on the top of the electrical cabinet. You should be able to remove this quite easily - which should give you a good six inches off the height.
    The cable trunking is flexible, but if you need even less height you can unbolt the box on top of the electrical cabinet the holds the cable trunking in place - this will give you even more room.
    If you need even more room then you may need to remove the Z axis motor - which is a bit more involved but should be fairly straight forward.
    Also - a simple one - winding the feet all the way up will probably lose an inch too.
    Attatched is a photo pointing out the position of the regen box.

(apologies to whoever the photo belongs to - I just found it by googling TM1)

Good information, thank you. We will be able to get the mill shipping today. Again thank you for your help.

Mark
    2005 Haas TM-1, 4th HRT160 - OneCNC XR4 Pro w/4th - Alibre Design Expert
    Metal-tech 4x4 - www.metaltech4x4.com