587,034 active members*
3,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V2XT Parameters?

Hi folks,
    I am working with a very early V2XT # 133. When Jogging any axes with the round jog knob, the readout indicates the axis moves .002" when the axis actualy moves .006". HELP !

Thanks, Sam

Hi again,

New Question --- I am trying to access the Yahoo group "V2XT" and have filled out the application, but hothing seems to be happening with the acceptance or rejection process, Can anyone tell me what to expect or how long the process will take?

Old Question Update.

The machine is the FMDC type with a 386sx update, If I understand the situation correctly there should be a dos file that stores the parameter information? If so what is the name of the file? I have looked in the files that are on the C: drive and have found only one that I can decifer that looks like parameters and I think they are for the travel lengths and backlash settings and such, but nothing for counts per revolution of the encoders. Should I reinstall the machine software? Untill I replaced the batterys when starting the machine it would count either up or down (I forget) to 400 and something, I assume that it was loading something into memory at that time. As you can tell I know just enough to get myself into lots of trouble so I am asking for some help.

I have been given very good advise and help from you guys in the past and I thank you very much!

Thanks, Sam

I know the machines with a BMDC the parameter file was BMDCPRMS.SYS.
    On the FMDC version try going to DOS and typing in PFM.exe
    It may get you to a parameter file.
    There was more than 1 version of the jog knob device. Right now, I am not certain if a replacement exists.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George,

Thank you for the quick reply. I am thinking that the problem is not associated with the mechanical / electrical jog knob because it also moves too far by a factor of about 3 if I program moves in with G code.

Thanks, Sam

Makes me wonder if your BMDC is correct. I assume that all 3 axis behave the same way? There were no variations in the old FMDC style machines so the software and parameters were pretty much standard.
    Which version software are you running?
    The host of the yahoo site must take a look and add you to the group.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George,

Yes all 3 axis have the same amount of too much movement. One of the cards has "FMDC3 board" marked on it, and another has "SAF BD" marked on it.

The screen says --- Boss 15 V4.40 --- Boss XT Build Level 3.40 ---

There are no Files named BMDCPRMS.SYS or PFM.EXE. There is one file named CONFIG.BXT that has the info. that is selected when pushing the f10 (????SU) key settings on the first screen that comes up.

Thanks Again, Sam