587,043 active members*
2,941 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Anyone tried Super-Tech Plasma Cutter Kit?

Anyone tried Super-Tech Plasma Cutter Kit?

I was wondering if anyone has tried the super tech plasma/ router table kits. They include 195 oz steppers, motor controller, power supply, and cables. It also includes "super-tech" software. I would like to hear the good, bad, and the ugly. I want to build a 4x4 foot plasma cutter, does the 195 oz motors seem powerful enough? I was thinking of a plasma/router combo but I know the 195 oz would be too weak for that, what do yall recommend? Oh, by the way I am going to use gear reduction with this setup and the thinnest I will cut will be 1/16". Thanks in advance guys for your help!

Chris

Does anyone know anything about this company?

Did I mistype the name or is it just a no name deal that noone has heard of?

Ive looked at it on the web, and the design appears to be fairly simple with direct drive steppers and angle iron for its ways. It would probably work fine for art work, but am guessing it may not be as accurate or smooth as others on the market. However, this is just speculation on my part.

David

Hey David,
    Thanks for your input, I was just talking about the electronic parts. I am modeling my table after torchmate or practical cnc. I am a little sketchy about the table that super-tech made, but I could be wrong. I took a look at the software and the only thing I see wrong with it is no nesting.

SUPERtech

supertech is cool, very simple to use software. We used it for our 6'x20' plasma table. The interface is simple and they have great support.

im trying to find th ekit on super tech i must be missing it

super-tech.com

I bought a kit from them a few years ago, and I have been very happy with the hardware and the software.

I also built the angle iron table, using parts from McMaster-Carr catalog. I was a little leary about the accuracy, but it has surpassed all expectations.

Hope this post isn't too old to be brought back from the dead.