586,903 active members*
2,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Xilog plus and panel Mac with XP??

Afternoon all, my first post here and like many other I'm looking for help Sorry.

Our factory is on shut down this week and our outsource IT support has been installing a new server. One main issue has been our Author 430 morbidelli which current runs with win 98, However new server software will not support win 98. I checked that xilog will work on Xp and there should be no problem, doesn;t seem to be, the problem occurs with Panel MAc, it error's suggesting it can't communicate with the CNC ans shuts straight down. this is where i need help?

Our CNC support company has finished for the weekend, typical! The IT guys are running behind with the server, so after a week of shut down I might well be machine less first thing Monday!

I've seen a german site listing the same problem but know resolution.

Has anybody dome this or had this problem, I'm thinking it's probably a serial port issue??

All is not lost as I've cloned the original drive, so if all else fails should be able to fall back and use floppies/usb stick to files to the cnc.

I sure it's just a simple setting ..well I hope so.

Cheers

James

Hi there i upgraded to xp from win 98 around a year ago i had the same problem.
    the solution was easily solved, i upgraded xp to service pack 3 and uninstalled internet explorer i use firefox now as it has some conflicts with xilog and pannel mac. I also upgraded xilog to the latest version. I have the latest version if you would like it .

I got this info from our service engineer were on a gold service contract so we can call them out at any time at no cost to us.

Since we joined that they like to tell us more to save money at there end lol.

salve a tutti, qualcuno mi sa dire se posso usare xilog e panelmac su una masterwood310?
    grazie in anticipo
    Hi all, someone can tell me if I can use xilog and panelmac on a masterwood310 ?
    thanks in advance