587,333 active members*
3,863 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > DM2800 (escap stepper wiring config needed)

Smile DM2800 (escap stepper wiring config needed)

Hello

I have a Like new DM2800 CNC and I'm trying to re-wire my original escap stepper motors to a Gecko G540 Drive. The motors are the 8 wire type Swiss escap model 201103002 rated at 4.6 Amp parallel / 2.3 Amp Series. Anyone know were I can find a wiring configuration for these motors so I can connect them to my G540 Drive. The wires coming out of the actual motors are as follows: Green; Gray/White ; Green/White; Gray; Brown; Blue/White; Brown/White; Blue. The motor wires are connected to a plug with wire colors White; Black;Yellow; Brown; Green; Red; Orange; and Blue respectively. I don't know how the colors relate to the coils and I can't find any info on the internet about this particular stepper motor. I was really hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. I'm ready to convert the X-Y-Z axes over to newer Mach3 software using the G540 Gecko Driver.

[email protected]

I have the same stepper motors on my DM4400.
    Now running with a G540 too.

Timothy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Escap stepper motor wiring diagram reply

Thank you very much... This info will be very helpful in completing my wiring.

Again Thanks

Randy Reynolds

DynaMyte 2800 P532 Stepping motor

Here is another Diagram of the Port Escap P532 stepping motor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wired mine as parallel. FYI I had to invert my step and direction pins for Mach3 and EMC2.

I used the G201 drives, but I had to add the pulse multiplier chips to get my speeds up where I needed them.

-Wes

Since your going to use the Gecko G540 your going to have to wire the steppers in series. Good for torque but not so good for speed. Just follow the wiring diagram and connect the cross referenced colour codes for A winding and B winding. If you get it wrong the motors won't move but you wont hurt them.

The DM4400 has a 5:1 pulley ratio from motor to ball screw so the max top speed I could get was 96ipm. That equates to around 2400 rpm. I had to be real careful with the acceleration ramps so I wouldn't over accelerate the motors and cause them to stall.

The two relays built into the G540 were really handy to turn the spindle and coolant on and off.

Timothy