First post, though I've lurked a few times over the last 4 years! I've always left being stuck in indecision over which way to go. Let me start by saying that i'm new to metal working, milling, CNC, and CAD / CAM. Yes, greener than the Spring grass! (i Have watched the "Hoss" recommended MIT series) YouTube Tutorials of CAD are leaving me COLD so far. I'm a tinkerer, and love tech stuff, but just looking over Mach is pretty tough stuff. I hope i'm not over my head here.

On the the good stuff, THE MACHINES!

With just a small bit of research the obvious choices quickly come down to 2 machines.

The Taig, and the G0704

The Taig is very tempting with it's possibly better fit and finish, and easier to assemble CNC package, but the G0704 could better handle some of the larger projects I may want to do. I don't want to be stuck making jewelry, or model car parts!

Is a G0704 conversion project to much for a newbie?

How sure can we be that a CNCFussion kit will be available this year. I don't think I could go on prints alone at this point, so there is some risk here with no current kit.

BTW, I did order a G0704 from Grizzly this week with a possible ship date of Oct 29, So there's time to cancel and go the Taig route.

Also, how best to get started with CAD. The MIT videos are great for general milling, but the Youtube videos I've seen for CAD suck pretty bad. Is there better?