586,801 active members*
6,448 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: It lives

Hybrid View

It lives

It is official, my FLA-200 is now up and running... I cut my 1st test part the other night. It was just simple cross, but it was a perfectly cut simple cross.

I have to give s ahout out to Dan over at camtronics. I was blowing up Gecko 540's faster than Gecko could repair them. I contacted Dan and had him make me a box, with power supply and the Gecko mounted in it. Dan also hooked me up with an electical box with the relays for my dust collector and my router. This thing was plug and play. With the Mach3 file he sent me, I only had to do minimal tweaking to get my motors turning the right directions, and calibrate my axis. I would reccommend Camtronics to any newbie that does not want to wire up the control box, or like me, was having problems doint it themselves.

Good Job Dan!

David

Congratulations!

It is a wonder to behold when one of these things finally works right. (Heh, how well I know.)

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Now

On to figure out how to manipulate Aspire!

What was causing the G540 issues?

PEBKAC

Problem Exists between keyboard and chair, or as we like to call it, layer 8 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by crash5050 View Post
    It is official, my FLA-200 is now up and running... I cut my 1st test part the other night. It was just simple cross, but it was a perfectly cut simple cross.

I have to give s ahout out to Dan over at camtronics. I was blowing up Gecko 540's faster than Gecko could repair them. I contacted Dan and had him make me a box, with power supply and the Gecko mounted in it. Dan also hooked me up with an electical box with the relays for my dust collector and my router. This thing was plug and play. With the Mach3 file he sent me, I only had to do minimal tweaking to get my motors turning the right directions, and calibrate my axis. I would reccommend Camtronics to any newbie that does not want to wire up the control box, or like me, was having problems doint it themselves.

Good Job Dan!

David
    I also had Dan build my control box. He does great work, and was a tremendous help afterwards as well. I too can't recommend him enough.
    Matt