586,744 active members*
5,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Looking For Someone close to London So We Can Build A Cnc Each
Page 1 of 2 12

Looking For Someone close to London So We Can Build A Cnc Each

HI

i live in london/uk and i am looking for someone so we can build 2 cnc routers together, that way we can share and get cheaper parts and share and help each other out.

this is the first time i am trying something like this but i really need to build a cnc router to help me with other things in the planning mind of mine.

so if your local to me (camden town/london) get in touch and we can help each other out.

thanks
    chris

come on people where are you, surley i am not the only person in london who wants to build one of these cnc routers.

dont be scared i dont bite (flame2)

Shame your not up North. (Durham), I could do with some *REAL* help right now

I don't have enough hands to hold the bits I'm working with.

And the wife has stopped making my coffee as a protest to my cnc 'addiction'

Good luck !

well if the wife has stopped making coffee then its time to get a coffee machine in the garage, make you own and spend all your time out there.

i would anyway, well it is a shame your up north but its so hard to find someone in london to help each other so i just purchased a cnc router on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    it will do to learn on anyway and also to make the parts for the bigger version i will be building very soon.

tell the wife it will benefit her making the coffee in the end, once its finished you can make coffee coasters for her ha ha.

thanks
    chris

Hi Chris that looks like a great machine, what size will it cut ? X,Y,Z ?? If you get this one let us know how it performs at that price its a steal!!! simply cannot build one for that amount, keep us posted. Kammo1

hi mate

in total i think i have well over paid for such a small machine (about £500) but it will do to learn on anyway, the sizes are X 240mm Y 165mm Z 80mm and i think it will do most of the parts i need to make a bigger machine, well i will just have to wait and see.

thanks and is there anyone out there close to london that wants to build a cnc router each with me.

thanks
    chris

Chris

I have just started on the same road, but I moved from London to sunny Gloucestershire so can't help.

Keep us up to date on that machine, looks pretty nice

Steve

Very nice looking machine Chris. Will be interesting to see how it performs.

Keep the updates coming.

Cheers

Hi Chris, where did you buy yours from? the link on the e-bay one is only £179, do they have a website ? just curious why you paid £500 for it. Kammo1

hi mate

if you check the link out now
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    you will see the bid has gone up plus i purchased all the extra parts ie router, router mounts etc etc so in total around £550 but no software, so if anyony knows of a free good software that i can use easy please let me know.
    thanks
    chris

Come On People In London Where Are You All, I Am Sure There Is Someone Out There Wanting To Build A Cnc Router.

I Am Not Asking For Money Just To Help Each Other, I Have Tools And Stuff And With A Little Help You Will Have The Brains.

So Come On People Get Back To Me.
    Thanks
    Chris

Hey Chris although I live in Nottingham I would surely pass on any hints or tips when I start to build mine although I still haven't got a clue how to progress but am willing to share any experiences or help where and when I can hope that helps some. Kammo1

Hi All
    Nice to see some uk names appearing, i am down on the Romney Marsh if any one
    out there is near me , i am in the process of building my machine for routing plus a foam cutter and always around most of the time if any one wants a chat.
    Regards bill

SEE I KNEW THERE WERE PEOPLE FROM THE UK OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.

all i need now is someone closer to me, in fact i dont mind a little bit of travalling say 50 miles, i putchased a machine from ebay (see above links) and i am going to use the idea to make a bigger machine the trouble i am having is finding the extursions the right size does anyonr know where in the uk i can get a good range from.

thanks again uk people for all your posts
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire
    Hi All
    Nice to see some uk names appearing, i am down on the Romney Marsh if any one
    out there is near me , i am in the process of building my machine for routing plus a foam cutter and always around most of the time if any one wants a chat.
    Regards bill
    Unbelievable, I am in Southampton. Actually, I had to look up Romney Marsh on the map, but thought it rang a bell When you are in town next, you will have to stop by for coffee.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Chris, check out www.mbsitem.co.uk
    They have a cracking catalogue with everything you will need. Price isn't cheap, but not exactly expensive either.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

just to ask, how much would it be for a 40x40 1 mtere lengh of profile.

i have a catalouge from www.rswww.com and they are cheap but not sure thats why i am asking

thanks
    chris

Mate, rs ain't cheap!

Seriously, I use them a lot, but only a last resort when it comes to anything mechanical. The price not including VAT is..........

£12.13 for regular strength
    £6.74 for light - I think this is what RS stocks?

hi

thanks for that i have asked them for a catalouge to sent to me, and hope they have all the parts i need.

thanks again for all the help.
    chris

Come On People Wher Are You All, Sureley There Is Someone Around London Thats Wants To Build A Cnc Router.

Page 1 of 2 12