So I am moving about 450 miles away from where I have lived my entire life. The move will include both my house and my business and involves setting up my shop on my property in a 1200 square foot shop. I have a 2007 Haas Minimill that is three phase but the new property only has single phase so I know a converter is going to need to be installed. I have been trying to explode my brain with info on converters, rotary and static, for about a month and think I am more confused about this then I was before reading and talking with my HFO along with multiple converter companies.

This is what the badge on the machine reads...

I know this model could be ordered with either a single phase or a three phase spindle and I ordered the 3 phase option. To me, the tag shows for both options, correct?

Now, next question. I need a phase converter and have talked to 5 companies and have gotten prices from $1,200.00 to $4,500.00 for a converter. To me that seems to be a pretty big window in pricing and once again, confusion has set in.

Third question. I keep reading about the balance between the three legs on three phase need to be with in 5% balance but my HFO install guy acted like I was speaking Greek when I brought it up. He said the transformer in the Haas will balance the power????

So, big question is, which converter do I need and what specs should I be going off of? This machine is my life blood so cocking it up or doing thousands of dollars of damage is not an option for me.

Thank you guys so much, I get so much great info off here