586,655 active members*
3,792 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Frist cut and strange movments

Frist cut and strange movments

I used the demo version of Cut2d. Im doing the wing spar. the first movment send my Z axis to the roof! i dont have limit switches yet so if its trying to home or somthing thats not good. When i look at the 3d screen it looks like the first move realy is high! All i want it to do is start at zero go down .125 and then finish the pocket and go up just enouph to move on and go down. Am i missing somthing. here is my file. Could it be somthing with safe Z?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I took a look at your code, "N50G00G43Z2.0000H4" is sending your Z to 2" which shouldn't be a problem. I did an air cut of your file and verified it as good. If the 2" doesn't sit well with you then edit the code to 0.50" or 0.25".

What post proccessor are you using? Check that you're not using metric verses inch or visa versa. Also check Absolute verses Incremental.

BTW, I guess those blokes don't know the difference between a Rib and a Spar....
    Fatboy

Also consider that it's applying a length offset for Tool #4 with the G43 H4

I remove the G43 from my Vectric post so that doesn't happen, as I don't use the length offset.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thank you! i found out what was wrong I was all messed up. It was in inchand mach was in MM. Also had the tool length wrong. lol it was a combo of evrything. I also had mach set up funny so that it would produce strange circles that were not in the code. I fixed it and managed to cut a few parts last night. its working great now. I just need to remember to zero the machine each time. I now know what tool crash meens. Thanks for the help.