586,753 active members*
7,248 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Program verifiers

what are some good program verfiers out there that are either free or could be available to a school so that someone does not have to insert their program into a haas machine to make sure that the program does what they want??? any help with this would be great

Verify

I am in school presently and we have 5 mills here. I was just thinking how much more useful it would be to have software to verify our haas mill programs. Partially due to we are waiting for someone to get off a machine so we could put our disk in to run our program. Just wanted to see if there was any useful software out there that is fairly simple to use for our verification. Thanks guys

I have seen vericut at trade shows and it seems legit. I have no personal experience with it though. Lots of educational institutions can get deep discounts on software, its worth a try to ask about available discounts.

Matt

thanks for the info. I actually work for GE while going to schoola nd they use vericut I have not seen it yet but I was looking for something to help the school out so thanks for the info

Another option is a Haas control simulator. You can verify programs using the graphics screen.

Most CAM software has verification tools as well.
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

On ebay the are a couple of guys selling CNC training and simulator CD's/DVD's.

The first one listed has actual control panel simulators for many different machine, including the Haas VF series. I just bought one to see if it is any good. Only $13.20 with shipping, but may take awhile as it comes from the United Kingdom. If you want to wait I can let you know about it.

The second one is a g-code training DVD with a simulator too. You might contact them to make sure you can input your own code, but it does appear that you can. It is a 50 lesson training series. And you can watch many of the lessons right there on the auction page. It is $24.95 with free shipping. For the beginner this might be a great way to start.

Both have sold over 20 copies with all good feedback.

Happy learning.

Mike

GCode Programming Training - CNC Simulators + More!! - eBay (item 150553643165 end time Feb-23-11 10:16:53 PST)

G-CODE CNC MACHINING MILLING SIMULATOR TRAINING CAD CAM - eBay (item 320562099699 end time Mar-12-11 09:21:21 PST)
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

At the school where I work, we use a Haas control emulating software called Immersive. It's probably the same program that was mentioned in a past CNC magazine article on Haas education some months/years ago.
    We use it to teach intros to the functions of Haas control panel, not actually doing programming, but I believe it can also simulate machine movements in much the same way. Anything you type into the virtual MDI window makes the machine move around in whatever manner it was programmed.
    I don't think it would be effective for simulating programs since the mvirtual machine's motion is slowed down, but it's a possibility.

I know of an alternative to Vericut, called Vega Data View. We don't own the program but I tried out the demo a few yonks ago and it had potential.

We use Haas control simulators (have 5 of them at the school) which are great for the lathe but the mill ones are a bit watered down since you only get definitive XY movements. oh if only there was a way to get an isometric view...

I will check on these... thanks for the info guys...much appreciated

The simulator I ordered on CD was not impressive at all and I just tossed it in a drawer.

If you want the real deal and a pretty good way to teach, there are many Haas control panel simulators that were just listed on eBay. Not bad prices either. So if you are in need of one or you know a school that could use one, I'll post them below.

Cheers---Mike

(this one is up for auction, No Reserve)

HAAS CNC Control Panel Training & Simulation CSM1A Y - eBay (item 300558090121 end time May-23-11 12:20:35 PDT)

(This auction is a buy-it-Now for 9 units)

HAAS CNC Control Panel Training & Simulation CSM1A Z - eBay (item 280678606355 end time Jun-15-11 12:22:06 PDT)
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

I know some people use this, the owner is a member here, it has a free 30 day trial, just a thought; GWizard: A CNC Machinist's Calculator

Robert
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

There are three cnc simulators mentioned above and I'll throw my opinion of them here now. The first I'll mention is the guy on ebay who makes his own DVD tutorials and I bought a couple of them. It's ok for noobs I suppose and there are 50 lessons and he also has you use a free cnc simulator from cncsimulator.com also known as "bulldog cnc"
    It only uses a generic machine and no control panel. Contact him through ebay to see his youtube vid's to give you an idea of what he's all about. Also, Vericut is a high end program to verify cnc codes but as far as I could see, no control panel simulation, I could be wrong about that but I just could not find one on it. The other one for sale on ebay is very extensive and it's from Nanjing Swansoft out of China. It's around $400 bucks I think. I've used it. I've only used the Haas control panel. Only part of it seems to work. For example, F1 through F4 are not enabled. Very poor documentation, and half of it's in Chineese. There's a lot of cracked versions floating around on the web. I have not yet found a decent Haas control panel SOFTWARE simulator on the web. I'd love to find one for educational purposes. I have not tried the one from Immersive and it's only online from their site and it's $150 for a few months I believe. If anyone knows of a decent Haas control panel simulator in software format, please let me know, Thanks