586,265 active members*
3,727 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1/4" aluminum set up

what are some basic machine set up for 1/4" aluminum? i have a miller spectrum 1000 plasma

Quote Originally Posted by RHmotorsports View Post
    what are some basic machine set up for 1/4" aluminum? i have a miller spectrum 1000 plasma
    I am not 100% sure but the spectrum 1000 is made by Hypertherm, you could follow the cut charts from the powermax 1000. It is a 60 amp machine.

The Hypertherm cut charts are spot on usually. I have never cut aluminum, so I can't offer much help here.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

The torch is made by Hypertherm...but it is a bit different from the Powermax1000 torch...however the cut charts (under mechanized torch cutting) will get you in the ballpark.

Jim Colt

Hypertherm Duramax on Miller Spectrum 1000

Do you know,if retrofited correctly, a new Duramax torch will do on a miller spectrum 1000? I'm asking this because in Mexico where I am is kind of hard to find consumables for this machine, and cut quality is worse compared to an Old Hypertherm Max70 and an Esab PCM-875 cutters.

I really cannot answer the question as we have never retrofitted a Duramax torch on anything but a Hypertherm system. Chances are that due to the newer torch technology...that it would work much better than the original torch.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by colorvp View Post
    Do you know,if retrofited correctly, a new Duramax torch will do on a miller spectrum 1000? I'm asking this because in Mexico where I am is kind of hard to find consumables for this machine, and cut quality is worse compared to an Old Hypertherm Max70 and an Esab PCM-875 cutters.

Duramax torch on miller spectrum 1000

Hello.

I have ordered a Duramax torch for a powermax65, and I installed in my cnc plasma cutter. As I commented in this thread, I have an spectrum 1000 that I always had trouble finding consumables. The torch works fine, since is very similar with original from miller. Now my plasma is dead not because of the torch, but I believe for the total runing hours. One big capacitor blow off, I replace both of them with new ones, but it still have some trouble. Maybe I should create a new tread to comment this.

greetings everyone.

Alfonso